• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stratmancj

stratmancj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:10 AM

i would like to get a wireless adapter (pref 802.11g) for my xbox. my box is modded, and im not sure about how it works with setting up these devices. i am also curious about if it is able to configure the adapters with a security key, becuase i am using security on my wireless router. can anyone tell me their experiences with these devies, which work well (if at all with a modded box) and what you suggest.

thanks a lot biggrin.gif

#2 Jtech|I

Jtech|I

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:01 AM

I'm selling one here at my BST if you're interested:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=373922

Not positive about the security thing, but I'm sure theirs a way to configure it. Also have the manual for it if u need help biggrin.gif ... Let me know
Thanks

#3 snarby1966

snarby1966

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:48 AM

I recently brought a Linksys WAG54G router and then connected it to a Linksys WGA11b wireless game adaptor.

At first it did seem a real pain to setup, mainly because i dont have alot of knowledge with networks.

But i now have them connected and things seem fine, looking back it wasnt really that hard to configure, just dont expect to have it working straight away

Snarby

#4 pirrup

pirrup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:32 PM

hope costums don't hold it when i order it (wireless) smile.gif

#5 stratmancj

stratmancj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:00 AM

thank you very much for your help. i found this adapter today:

the linksys wga54g wireless game adapter
http://www.linksys.c...cid=36&prid=558

it installs nothing on the xbox, all the configuration is done via a web browser, like the linksys routers, so it will be no problem setting up the wireless security. thanks for your help guyz.

#6 mrkaylor

mrkaylor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:20 AM

I have a MS Wireless Xbox adapter. it is very easy to set up. There is a install disc that ships with it all you do is run it and it works perfectly. It has security but i think only wep.. and not wpa (but I could be wrong there). It can then be configured through the MS Dashboard.

hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users