3 replies to this topic

#1 dlj8115

dlj8115

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:45 AM

Hey guys, im trying to install MadnessX, i got it from xbins and then ftped it to my xbox in the f/apps directory, is it okay to put this there? when i tried to run it from the xbox it started to load the game but then a red screen came up saying that this one .wma file in the madnessx media folder may be corrupt, but i just got it fresh from xbins so i was thinking it was something with the installation. N e recommendations? thanks

#2 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:53 AM

Looks like the song it comes with got fucked up somehow while you installed it.... the game checks all the files then RSOD's if anything is tampered with (Petes sick idea after recieving threats from russian hackers kl0wn and jsz)

#3 dlj8115

dlj8115

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:02 AM

i redownloaded it from xbins and i guess it was corrupt to begin with. During the unzipping it says that the coldfields wma is corrupt and i guess i didnt notice that first time around. So, i guess i'll have to wait until a new copy of madnessX is loaded on the xbins server. sleeping.gif

#4 dlj8115

dlj8115

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:12 AM

nm, i talked to the creators and they said that windows was possibly writing some meta tags or something like that onto the wma file and the game has a little script that checks to make sure that nothing has been tampered with. So i downloaded the .rar from xbins on my other computer and it worked fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users