3 replies to this topic

#1 Xkookooman

Xkookooman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:19 AM

Ive tried modding my friends xbox via softmod. I got everything installed, and everything was working correctly, except for the original xbox games. Whenever I would boot it or run it from the HD, it would give like Error 21. So I researched it and now I think its cuz of the f0nts so I replaced it, but because the files and where everything is placed is somewhat different from what a modded xbox looks like, I deleted some key components. Now it boots right to the error screen. Ive read that I can Hotswap it. Im not sure what this will do, is it where u tomporarily unlock the hd!?!? I was thinking of getting my modchip and putting it into his xbox, and then transfering the necessary files to make it work. Or I was thinking of using my stock HD and putting it into his xbox, which Im thinking is not a good idea cuz the Eeprom and such. anyways, please give me some advice, cuz my friend has waited a while, and I dunno what to do.

#2 Xkookooman

Xkookooman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:21 AM

Is there any way to format the xbox and restart everything without opening it? Or with opening it?

#3 yngwie001

yngwie001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:54 AM

Have you still got ftp access to xbox?If not you do need to hotswap but if you have and you have a copy of slayers ,you can delete everything off your c drive on xbox and replace with the original dash from slayers and the xbox will be back to unmodded state.

I dont know which exploit or installer you used (you didn't say) but the best installer is UXE.
When you have re-modded the xbox try deleting all the files within the cache folder on the xbox HD.

I hope this helps you!

yngwie001 beerchug.gif

If you have any probs if you dont have ftp access any longer then i will try to help you with hotswap.

#4 Xkookooman

Xkookooman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:48 PM

Okay, I used the MA exploit, I think the Ldots one. I have no access into the xbox, so my only choice is to hotswap and put in a backup of a c:drive. I think I get the process, where I put the Hd in my xbox, wait till it boots, so it unlocks, then switch the IDE cables to my PC one, so then I turn on my pc, and boot from the xboxhdm cd that I created, and access my Hd that way or format it or whatever. Can I just use the C: drive insice MY xbox and put it into the softmodded xbox? Because mine is chipped, and his isnt even open, so I dont know whether itll work or not. Also, I was planning on getting a new HD for him anyways, so can I just start with a new HD in the first place, and format that using the xboxhdm, then copy the contents from MY xbox, or do I need to copy the contents from the softmodded xbox into a new HD in order for that to work??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users