6 replies to this topic

#1 irfan

irfan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:31 PM

I never get on live.. and i see that my box is now just flashing red. if i woudl turn it on and off repeatedly every now and then it would load, but its not giving at all now. ive heard a flashing red is an eeprom error... i dont have my original on my pc, i think the back up is on the xbox but i cant get to it now. could i use someones banned eeprom to load onto the x2 4980.06 bios? or would it only work with my original eeprom. i never get on live so i dont care if its banned or not.

i have:

v1.5 box, XBIT 1.0 chip, 4981.06 bios, 120gb HD.

i jsut replaced the IDE cable since i saw it was pinched and had a cut in it when i opened the box ,but that didnt change anything. booted up ok once, then froze in dvd2xbox, and now wont start again. any ideas?

#2 irfan

irfan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:41 PM

( hey how can i edit a previous post? i dont see a button for editing)

thought id mention that ive also tried several different bioses and i still get the same issue. i havent been banned i dont think, and even so, that shouldnt affect me from playing offline. im not sure if my roomate tried playing a game online or not but i dont even subscribe to xbox live. if it would turn on just one more time id be sure to get the eeprom saved to my pc. this sucks.

edit: hmm seems u can only edit within an hour or so...

anyways, i took the chip out, and i stil haev the same problem. thats pretty wierd since usually i at least get video with no chip in.

Edited by irfan, 23 March 2005 - 09:46 PM.

#3 irfan

irfan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:06 PM

i opened up the box and wiped it clean, made sure everything was in order... it randomly started working again.. and then today it went back to the same isse again. any ideas?

#4 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:17 PM

if it will work once in a while its a hard problem to solve, i actually had problem sort of like this before, with the chip on everything worked just fine, with the chip off, the box would boot once to M$ dash, once i tried to change a game it would lock up and id have to turn it off for over an hour or 2 before it would boot M$ dash again, yet with the chip on i had no problems at all,

id say once you get it to turn on again, backup your eeprom then check all solder connections and try swapping out the dvd drive with a friends or something since it looks there first to boot then the HD, try a different HD, if you have upgraded, drop your original in and see what happens, it sounds like HD failure or a loose solder joint to me, does coldbooting a game have the same affect ?

#5 irfan

irfan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:16 AM

thanks for the reply.

ive checked the DVD drive, the HD and the chip using a differnet xbox and they are not the issue. ive hooked my components to the other mobo and they work ok, and ive hooked the other components to my mobo and its a no go. i had another post where i showed some pics of a scratched d0... iv soldered into the alternate d0 (v1.4) and same result. ive also soldered all the pins in and same result. i even did the grounding thats needed fora 1.5 just incase.. the ground is connected via multimeter test.

where can i test the d0 point connection with my multimeter? where on the board does the d0 trace lead to so i can check to see if the current makes it the whole way thru? i know its a solid connection from the d0 point on the chip to the solder point on the mobo but this obviously doesnt tell me if its actually connected to the moo properly.

http://www.geocities...squatch/d01.jpg

http://www.geocities...squatch/d02.jpg

http://www.geocities...squatch/d03.jpg

#6 irfan

irfan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:20 AM

i had a broken trace that i now have conitnuity with, and that didnt seem to fix it, and i thought my d0 was damaged beyong repair but the trace is continous from before the damage on the op all the way to the alternate point on the bottom.

that about covers every theory i had.... im all out of ideas. anyone? anyone?

#7 irfan

irfan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:03 AM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users