• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve23147

Steve23147

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:09 PM

I have my xbox and pc connected through a router. I set up FlashFXP like it said to and when i try to connect it eventually says "Connection failed (Connection timed out)". What could cause this?

#2 stressed76

stressed76

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:48 PM

depending on what kind of router you have( I have a D-Link), you have to go into your router settings and disable the firewall between your pc and xbox.

hope this helps

#3 Steve23147

Steve23147

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:38 AM

I disabled my windows firewall and i disabled my norton firewall and it still isnt working. I have a Linksys hub and i have heard they have there own firewalls. If that is true then how do i cut it off.

#4 project722

project722

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 04:56 AM

stressed76 Posted Mar 23 2005, 09:54 PM
  depending on what kind of router you have( I have a D-Link), you have to go into your router settings and disable the firewall between your pc and xbox.

hope this helps

I highly doubt any residential routers with integrated switches need this to be done. Router firewalls sit between your WAN IP and your LAN, not between nodes on the LAN. So this is totally NOT needed and is a BIG security risk if you do.

Steve23147 Posted Mar 23 2005, 09:15 PM
  I have my xbox and pc connected through a router. I set up FlashFXP like it said to and when i try to connect it eventually says "Connection failed (Connection timed out)". What could cause this?

Alot of things can cause this. Invalid IP addresses, a bad cable, the wrong cable,
not having the cable fully seated in the ports, FTP server not running, bad NIC's,
etc...If it was a firewall issue, you would actually connect then be disconnected once the client/server requested the data channel ports.

Try to ping the xbox IP from the command line in windows. Then run ipconfig /all from the command line and post the output here. Post your xbox network addressing also and someone here will hopefully get you going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users