8 replies to this topic

#1 Fweem1970

Fweem1970

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:06 AM

howdy all i got a odd problem, lets see if any one can find a solution.
ok lets start by saying i have a V1.1 xbox with a philps drive and a origional WD HDD, to this i added a X2.6CE chip with the current bios for that box, i also have a 200g WD HDD, and i did a 2 HDD in one box mod. i have a hdd activity LED solderd to the board along with a Lan Led there is also a assortment of lights and windows. and a wireless card in the box ( ts a Thight fit)
ok now for the problem i threw a game disk in the box with the mod bios and hdd on and it worked just fine.
i then turned the chip off and switched hdds and now it wont read the disk, i ether get a dirty disk error, a multi collored screen, or every once and a while i get it to boot when i start to play i get a dirty disk error.
i switched back to the Moded box and still works great so i dont think its the disk or the DVD drive.

any ideas on what is happening?

#2 obiecent

obiecent

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:42 AM

Rite so ur saying that ur turn the chip off and use the other hdd or do u turn it off then turn it on

#3 Fweem1970

Fweem1970

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:01 AM

yes i turn the box compleetly off and switch the chip to off and turn on the stock HDD and it will boot fine to MS bios but with a cd i have problems

if i turn the box off and switch to the 200Gig Hdd and turn the chip on all is well and good

#4 Fweem1970

Fweem1970

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:43 AM

i switched drives and that semed to help it now more consistantaly boots to the game

#5 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:56 AM

thats a weird problem. how about you try to play it with the hdd that wont work, but the chip on??

#6 Fweem1970

Fweem1970

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:16 PM

ok i tried with the chip on and the stock Hdd and it intermittently works.

#7 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Fweem1970 @ Mar 28 2005, 08:22 AM)
ok i tried with the chip on and the stock Hdd and it intermittently works.

View Post

could be a power leakage in the switch. sounds like a dry joint or something in the wiring.

#8 Fweem1970

Fweem1970

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:13 AM

ok i switched boardsChips and Stock Hdd with another one i have and its doing the same thing i think i finaly have a lead as to whats going on.
if i plug only one Hdd in to the first slot it gives Dirty Disk error(DDE).
if only one Hdd is pluged in the last hdd slot it works prefectaly.
if i have both Hdds on the ribbon DDE even if i unplug the power connector to the HDD thats off.
i know your probly thinking its the ribbon but ive tried 3 (2 40wire and one 80wire)and have the same results.
i suspect it has somthing to do with the master/slave/cable slect settings on the hdd. so can any one tell me how they set up theres.
thank you

#9 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(Fweem1970 @ Apr 8 2005, 10:19 AM)
ok i switched boardsChips and Stock Hdd with another one i have and its doing the same thing i think i finaly have a lead as to whats going on. 
if i plug only one Hdd in to the first slot it gives Dirty Disk error(DDE).
if only one Hdd is pluged in the last hdd slot it works prefectaly.
if i have both Hdds on the ribbon DDE even if i unplug the power connector to the HDD thats off.
i know your probly thinking its the ribbon but ive tried 3 (2 40wire and one 80wire)and have the same results.
i suspect it has somthing to do with the master/slave/cable slect settings on the hdd. so can any one tell me how they set up theres.
thank you

View Post

do you have a switch going on the ide cable itself? becuase from all the tons of reading up on this that i have done, you need to have a switch for a few of thoes pins, but i am not 100% sire on what pins, sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users