#1 Rif666

Rif666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Video Games/Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:20 PM

I am having some trouble with my xbox and finding help on the isssue. I recently messed up my Eerpom on my 1.6 with a 1.0 eeprom. Now my xbox frags red/green no video. I have a x-chip I have nevered used the cromwell bios I am not sure how to use it. I have the chip flashed with the correct bios for x-chip and 1.6. Only real issueI have is getting the 1.6 Eeprom flashed I have a new eeprom for 1.6 but how do I flash it. I read it could be done with cromwell, but I can't get it to work. I found this http://arisme.free.fr/Xbox/Reflash/ but I guess I am stupid and can not get it to work right with my system. Mainly I don't understand how to use it the cromwell that came with the chip is like 4,029kb. The cromwell-patched is 256kb,1.6 Eeprom is 1kb. When I use the addeeprom I see a flash but none of the three files mentioned grow in size at all. I have searched the net I have read many things but none seem to work right for me. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong but I can't not usderstand it. I also tried this to http://skorchir.homelinux.org/ but can't get that to work either. When I go to use XBtools with either the x-chip 1.6 only bios, cromwell-patched bios, or the orginal cromwell I get kernal extraction failed message. I am very sorry to take up so much of your guys time, but I have tried things. I am running out of ideas I hope someone can help, andif someone else is having the same trouble I feel your pain too.

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:45 PM

I'm not sure whether the cromwell method will work on a 1.6 or not.. It does state that there will be output to the screen, and the date of that webpage predates 1.6 release.
The 2nd link you posted will only work up to 1.5..

#3 Rif666

Rif666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(triggernum5 @ Mar 26 2005, 04:51 PM)
I'm not sure whether the cromwell method will work on a 1.6 or not..  It does state that there will be output to the screen, and the date of that webpage predates 1.6 release.
The 2nd link you posted will only work up to 1.5..

View Post

Thank you for that but I still do not know what to do at this point.

#4 Rif666

Rif666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:17 PM

Please anyone out there who knows more about this please help point me in the right direction. Your help is very thankful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users