• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • Interests:xbox stuff, guitar stuff, pc stuff, and hacking stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:12 AM

i'm trying to find chameleon 1.5/1.8 modchips

i've looked all over and can't find any for sale anymore, even easybuy2000 stoped selling

the reason i want this type of chameleon chip is because i'm going to mod my friends xbox, and i'll be able to mod his easier (with less risk and less work for me) if i get this because i have the same one and i'll know how to do it
and because this chip is around $30, which is good for my friend since he doesn't have that much money to get a xenium or an xecuter

so does anyone know where i can get one of these, hopefully a new one

#2 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(deathx88 @ Mar 28 2005, 01:18 AM)
i'm trying to find chameleon 1.5/1.8 modchips

i've looked all over and can't find any for sale anymore, even easybuy2000 stoped selling

the reason i want this type of chameleon chip is because i'm going to mod my friends xbox, and i'll be able to mod his easier (with less risk and less work for me) if i get this because i have the same one and i'll know how to do it
and because this chip is around $30, which is good for my friend since he doesn't have that much money to get a xenium or an xecuter

so does anyone know where i can get one of these, hopefully a new one

View Post

where you live bro, ill sell you a 1.3 w/solderless adapter/programmer for 40.00, im in the US, 40.00 even, ill pay shipping, ill load up cromwell on every bank before sending and youll have the programmer incase something goes wrong

pm me if interested, i just upgraded to an X3 so the chameleon is just sitting here

#3 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • Interests:xbox stuff, guitar stuff, pc stuff, and hacking stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Mar 28 2005, 08:39 AM)
where you live bro, ill sell you a 1.3 w/solderless adapter/programmer for 40.00, im in the US, 40.00 even, ill pay shipping, ill load up cromwell on every bank before sending and youll have the programmer incase something goes wrong

pm me if interested, i just upgraded to an X3 so the chameleon is just sitting here

View Post

i'm not real sure about that, thats even more outdated that the outdated ones they have, and since i'm not real sure about modding an xbox i don't know if its different than the 1.5/1.8.
and i don't want to take that risk
and plus i know that theres problems with this chip if you run it in a 1.5 xbox and i think a 1.4 also.
and i'm not really sure what version he has yet.

i've also thought it over, maybe getting my friend a better chip, since i've had alot of problems with my chalemeon, i don't want to disapoint a customer

but i've also picked up the game agent under fire, so i MIGHT try out doing a TSOP flash on his xbox since it will save my friend some money

but i'm still not sure what i'm going to do yet

#4 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:09 AM

i never had a problem with this chip at all and was using it on a 1.4 for over a year, i recently flashed a new bios edited with the flubber text tool and got a bad flash so i had to buy a programmer to make sure it still works before i sold it to someone, everything still works just fine, im including the programmer since i wont need without the chip, from what i heard there is no such 1.5 xbox

the only reason i see upgrading to a smartxx or X3 is for the lcd, other than that the rest of the chips are the same in my book

anyway the offer is there if you change your mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users