starscream1101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 March 2005 - 10:16 AM

Installed X3 and it doesn't seem to be reading the harddrive...it sticks at the xbox logo with out doing the "Xecuter rox my box" gif...everyonce in awhile it's good and it loads but 99% of the time it sticks.

Any solutions to this?

#2 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:jhgjh
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:40 PM

hi

you know its wierd this happend to me a couple of times!

right every time it doesnt work you need to wait and see what errors it gives you.

if they are 7 and 13 or something like that then its the same ones i have, so make sure both the power and ide cable are connected (to the mobo and hdd!).

if this still happens after you checked the connections then your hdd might be dieing! so if its a big one i would unlock it so if it dies you at least have something to work with.

hope this helps

#3 ctgene

ctgene

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Golf
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:29 PM

You might want to check your D0 connection to make sure it isn't loose, this is what fires up your chip...I also read that some of the power/eject adapters that comes with the X3 may have a bridge on the solder behind the sticky

#4 Vasher

Vasher

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

^ Yup, the bios loads from the chip, so it's you're soldering that's bad.

When you do a drive upgrade the drive is completely empty when you first put it in, the X3 bios still boots enabling you to set partitions and FTP.

That, or you could have the drive jumpered wrong. (set it cable select)

#5 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:jhgjh
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:36 PM

nope that has nothing to do with the bios or the d0 becuase if it was not reading the d0 he would get a frag!

sorry about my first post i was very tierd, thats why it didnt make alot of sence.

#6 Vasher

Vasher

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:43 PM

Yes, note I didn't say d0. I said it was soldering. Pins 13 and 14 are used when booting the X3 bios, not used when booting the flash bios. *Do* check those.

Could have it jumpered wrong (I don't know why you would).

It is possible there is a problem with the drive or how it is connected, if it isn't what I stated above.

#7 accukevin

accukevin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 March 2005 - 10:14 PM

Uhm, if it was not "reading" the d0 why would he get a frag? Doesn't the d0 being grounded signal the Xbox to boot from LPC instead of TSOP?

SOOOooo... If you have a shody soldering blob laid down, and it is making intermittent contact, wouldn't this account for the chip booting and sometimes not?

#8 Vasher

Vasher

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:54 AM

If that were the case the 99% of the time that it doesn't boot X3, rather than freezing, it would boot MS.

Edited by Vasher, 29 March 2005 - 01:55 AM.

#9 Pussitis

Pussitis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:30 AM

I am having that same issue. My X3 chip has been working flawlessy up until about 2 weeks ago. At first I only got error 7 occasionally. But now its almost all the time. I changed ide cables from a working box. Checked to make sure the jumpers are set right...even switched em to all the different settings and tested. I'm using the X3 chip, and I hold the power button to boot to MS dash (with chip off or bypassing without activating it, not sure exactly how that works) and got the same error 7. I did all of these tests with my upgraded hdd (Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9) and with my stock hdd which was working the last time that I had it in. As far as I can tell my upgraded hard drive is known to work with xbox mods. It's only about 1 month old. I'm losing my sanity over this blink.gif Someone please give me a clue.

In the meantime, I'm gonna go through all my solder points and check for continuity.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users