• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joeeoj010

joeeoj010

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:26 AM

I ran into a nasty suprise when trying to install the supposedly solderless 1.1 Spiderchip on my June 2004 1.6b Xbox. Three out of five holes (Points D, C, and A on the spiderchip installation guide) are filled in with PCB, and there seems to be no easy place attach the spider-leg wires, with or without solder. I've noticed several other people have had the same problem, and I found a link here which helps somewhat:

http://members.lycos...spiderchip.html
This solution involves rebuilding the LPC on the bottom of the board, something I'd rather not have to do since I'm pretty inexperienced with soldering.

However, I'm wondering if there is an easier solderless solution with the new SP.Adapter from Xenium. It says it works with any '3.3v LPC based chips, which support the Xodus protocol of wiring D0 control to pin 4 of the LPC.' I'm not sure if the Spider is compatible.

Any other ideas?

Thanks much,
joe

#2 tpifh

tpifh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:11 AM

Can anyone answer this question? I have run into the same exact problem... and it sucks. Please help thank you.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:26 PM

Pin 4 on the spider is not used so you would still have to modify to use the adapter.
You would have to run a wire from pin 4 of the lPC to the D0 point on the spiderchip which I am guessing would mean you would need to solder the wire.
You could always fit the adapter but run your D0 wire to the mobo in the normal way (assuming the D0/Lframe hole is not the one thats filled). How much is the adapter? can you buy it seperate/ if its not expensive get it and try it

#4 tpifh

tpifh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 09:18 PM

I got it to work. When those holes are filled there is not much you can do to keep the spring wires in. You could solder them but I have never soldered or know anyone that has the ability to solder in such a tight space. Hot glue saved me I used it to secure in place the spring wires on to my mother board. It seems to have worked... at least for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users