#1 RAIDER925

RAIDER925

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:57 AM

Anyone here use gamefly to rent games? I'm thinking about doing it for a month to see how I like it. I had the blockbuster one for a month but their game selection is bad. So if you use gamefly, how do you like it? Or know if any other online game rental places that are better than gamefly? Thanks in advance. beerchug.gif

#2 iwannadie

iwannadie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:08 AM

i havent used gamefly, but i had blockbuster for 3 months and loved it. theres one a block away and they always had the newest games and usually a couple copys of each when it first comes out. id just get there at opening and get the game i wanted easy the day it came out. maybe try another blockbuster if its close to see bout their selection.

the mail in rentals suck it takes so long to get it in the mail then wait for the new ones to come to you id think. my friends have the movie rental thing, they seem to get maybe 3-4 movies a month through the mail, i get 4-6 movies a week from blockbuster for the same price.

QUOTE(RAIDER925 @ Mar 31 2005, 01:03 AM)
Anyone here use gamefly to rent games? I'm thinking about doing it for a month to see how I like it. I had the blockbuster one for a month but their game selection is bad. So if you use gamefly, how do you like it? Or know if any other online game rental places that are better than gamefly?  Thanks in advance. beerchug.gif

View Post

#3 RAIDER925

RAIDER925

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE(iwannadie @ Mar 31 2005, 12:14 AM)
i havent used gamefly, but i had blockbuster for 3 months and loved it. theres one a block away and they always had the newest games and usually a couple copys of each when it first comes out. id just get there at opening and get the game i wanted easy the day it came out. maybe try another blockbuster if its close to see bout their selection.

the mail in rentals suck it takes so long to get it in the mail then wait for the new ones to come to you id think. my friends have the movie rental thing, they seem to get maybe 3-4 movies a month through the mail, i get 4-6 movies a week from blockbuster for the same price.

View Post

Well gamefly says they take about 2-4 days to get to you. So that might not be that bad since they are in So. Cal and I'm in Nor Cal it would prob. be here within the 2 days...And I'll prob. only have each game for about a day or 2 unless its a really good game

#4 jasho

jasho

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:31 AM

I have been using Gamefly for about 1 year now and it is great. I live in Northern California and it takes me 2 days to receive the games. The games are usually in stock and the wait time is generally very low like 1-2 days. But, if you have a big enough list, then you won't really miss a beat. They have an awesome selection of games and I have not had a problem with them as of yet. I did have one incident where the post office didn't deliver my game for 3 weeks, but I just used Gamefly's incident report form and they just sent me the next game on my list that same day without any questions or hesitation. When the game finally showed up, the marked the game as returned instead of lost and everything is fine. I believe they will allow you to report a game lost a few times before considering termination of your account. It really has to be bad though. Overall, I am very please with this and I would recommend it for anyone who lives in Cali. I have used both Blockbuster and Hollywood Video's game pass and this is much more enjoyable. Hope this helps.

And btw, if you want to sign up can I please be your referral? I get like 10 tokens for doing it which would be put towards a free rental for me. That's all. Just send me a PM me with your name and E-mail or just e-mail and I will make something up for your real name if it's alright with you. If not, that's cool hope you like the service.

~Jason

#5 RAIDER925

RAIDER925

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:42 AM

I think I'm going to try out www.gameznflix.com They seem to be the better deal

#6 T-Mac

T-Mac

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:12 AM

i'm using gamefly they are pretty good it takes 3 or 4 days to get the games. u can have two games at the same time and one thing i like is u can buy the game if like it for a low price even if the game is new like cold fear i bought this one for 32 bucks btw i didnt like this game

#7 Moses85

Moses85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:22 AM

Hey I just started using gamefly a little over a week ago. I live in Atl and it took the full 4 days for my first 2 games to get here, i made good use out of my big new harddrive, then sent the games back the following day.
The games are packaged in overnight return delivery, meaning the games only take 1 day to get back to gamefly hq, although they still take 2-4 days to get to me. Added all up I should be getting 2 games every 5-6 days.
The selection with gamefly is exceptional too. There are 657 games last time i checked. Compared to the blockbuster near me, which has about 40 games, usually sold out, gamefly is my best option.

#8 RAIDER925

RAIDER925

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE(Moses85 @ Mar 31 2005, 04:28 PM)
Hey I just started using gamefly a little over a week ago. I live in Atl and it took the full 4 days for my first 2 games to get here, i made good use out of my big new harddrive, then sent the games back the following day.
    The games are packaged in overnight return delivery, meaning the games only take 1 day to get back to gamefly hq, although they still take 2-4 days to get to me. Added all up I should be getting 2 games every 5-6 days.
    The selection with gamefly is exceptional too. There are 657 games last time i checked. Compared to the blockbuster near me, which has about 40 games, usually sold out, gamefly is my best option.

View Post

so your doing the $21.95 one for 2 games at a time? Have you seen the www.gameznflix.com yet? If yes, What was your main reason for picking gamefly instead? Thanks beerchug.gif

#9 sjp777

sjp777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:12 AM

I'm doing gamefly. nice selection, good price. I am in the SF bay area so the transit times ain't bad. The one out at a time is really limiting. You will get at best 5 a month.

Gameznflix seems cool. I would pay the increased monthly to get 3 at a time including movies

Anybody know where they ship from?

#10 RAIDER925

RAIDER925

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:16 AM

I think they would ship from CA, Since it says they have a location in CA..Not sure exactly where in CA tho

#11 RAIDER925

RAIDER925

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:53 AM

just canceled my gameznflix account...All the games I picked are either "short wait" or "long wait" even the older ones! That was rediculous... So I guess I'll be doin gamefly!

#12 RAIDER925

RAIDER925

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:30 AM

For those of you who use gamefly, Does your Q tell you when the games have been shipped out? Thanks a lot pop.gif By the way the first 2 games at the top of my Q are: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Fight Night: Round 2.

Edited by RAIDER925, 01 April 2005 - 09:35 AM.

#13 macrobat

macrobat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(RAIDER925 @ Apr 1 2005, 12:36 AM)
For those of you who use gamefly,  Does your Q tell you when the games have been shipped out? Thanks a lot pop.gif By the way the first 2 games at the top of my Q are: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Fight Night: Round 2.

View Post

yes and you get a email letting you know its been sent or recieved. Gamefly is very good I always get them the day after they send it. Exept for one and I called them and they took it off my que and sent me a new one. Dont bother emailing them just call them directly extremely helpfull. The nice thing is if a tittle is due out on the lets say 20th they send it to you the 19th. So for me I get the game the 20th. Gamerang is good to but I will stick with gamefly very professional in my opinion.

#14 jasho

jasho

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(Moses85 @ Mar 31 2005, 04:28 PM)

View Post

Ummm....that's illegal and a non-appropriate way of using the rental service.

~Jason

#15 RAIDER925

RAIDER925

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:19 PM

I hope the games they sent me get here soon so I can play them real quick and try to get Doom 3 before they all go out on "short wait"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users