• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 hmong

hmong

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:43 PM

I just backed up this game to my HD and it freezes at the first startup screen. Anybody has this problem?

I used both PxHDD and DVD2XBOX to backup to HD, but still the same outcome.

#2 zhugeliang

zhugeliang

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

try patching the default.xbe with qwix, worked for me.

#3 orphenshadow

orphenshadow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

Sorry for being a noob, but i recently went in halves on this game with my roommate, i want to put it on my box, but i have the same problem. How exactly do i patch the xbe.

#4 Berga

Berga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:40 PM

I'm having the same problem, saved the game to hardrive, patched thr default xbe with QWIX and tryed clearing the cache on my XBOX but it still freezes when I load it up. Any more suggestions on how to get it to work.

Cheers Berga

#5 bigga

bigga

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:35 PM

Have you tried the video settings in Evox? (setting them to 'Auto' enabled super monkey ball to work). Also i haven't tried this game out, so can't be sure if this is what is causing it not to work.

#6 apadravya

apadravya

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:42 AM

Didn't patch it to work on the hard drive but I did create an iso with craxtion and burned to it to a ritex and it works great...

#7 Banj

Banj

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, mine would hang at the Vivendi (I think) thing at the bottom and stay black but I turned off evo-x IGR and it works fine now.

Always follow the staple methods...

1. Turn off IGR
2. Check time and date is set correctly in M$ Dash
3. Patch .xbe's

#8 evidence120

evidence120

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:53 AM

has anybody gotten this game to load from the hd? i have tried turning IGR on/off (in evox and X3 dash), setting video to auto and re-backing up using the newest version of dvd2xbox a number of times, all to no avail. uhh.gif correct me if i'm wrong but doesn’t dvd2xbox patch the default.xbe automatically. any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

#9 orphenshadow

orphenshadow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:47 AM

I burned an ISO and it works fine..

What is IGR?

Just curious, im new to this. just wondering why its not working.

#10 fallguy73

fallguy73

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:41 PM

I just use dvd2xbox with no .xbe patching or acl process. It's basically a 1:1 copy to the hard drive. Plays perfectly.

What I do regularly when I buy a new or used game is ftp to pc after dumping layout file. Backup using moogui then burn to disc. Take backup disc and play for a few minutes. Now ftp pc game files back to xbox. Play from hard drive for a few minutes. Done. Now put away orig and backup for safe keeping.

I think the chip (xenium or smartxx - the ones I have) does the media check so patching is not required.

IGR = In Game Reset

#11 Nuclear_Toast

Nuclear_Toast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:14 PM

I got mine to work, it was origionaly "auto" in the video settings, i changed mine to NTSC north america to try it out, and it suddenly it started working.

maybe this will help others, as mine wouldnt load

i also patched with the newest dvd2xbox, and qwix as well,

#12 Nuclear_Toast

Nuclear_Toast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

Sorry for the double post, it wouldnt let me edit my origional one, so I am just gonna post another,

I had all the same problems listed here, it would stick on the vivendi screen.

I tried patching, i used quix, and the latest build of dvd2xbox, (latest as of march) and all of these would cause it to hang. I turned of IGR, no dice

After reading the post about "changing the video to 'Auto' " i decided to check mine, it was set to "auto" so for fun, i changed it to NTSC north america. And the game launched correctly. Also for fun i re-enabled IGR and it still works, and for fun i rechecked video to "auto" and it went back to not working again.

So try this,

1)rip with dvd2xbox.
2)patch with quix.
3)then change video in evox to "North America (NTSC)"

and it should work...

Please post feedback that this works or not for other people.

#13 BlackRob

BlackRob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(Nuclear_Toast @ Apr 6 2005, 02:38 PM)
Sorry for the double post, it wouldnt let me edit my origional one, so I am just gonna post another,

I had all the same problems listed here, it would stick on the vivendi screen.

I tried patching, i used quix, and the latest build of dvd2xbox, (latest as of march) and all of these would cause it to hang.  I turned of IGR, no dice

After reading the post about "changing the video to 'Auto' " i decided to check mine, it was set to "auto" so for fun, i changed it to NTSC north america.  And the game launched correctly.  Also for fun i re-enabled IGR and it still works, and for fun i rechecked video to "auto" and it went back to not working again.

So try this,

1)rip with dvd2xbox.
2)patch with quix.
3)then change video in evox to "North America (NTSC)"

and it should work...

Please post feedback that this works or not for other people.

View Post

Changing the settings to NTSC worked for me as well. Now will this effect any other games?

#14 Berga

Berga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:10 PM

Changing video settings to NTSC worked for me too, and it didn't seem to affect other games either, I only played DOOM 3 with the NTSC settings but that worked with no problems, I'm guessing all games will work with this setting as DVD2XBOX patches the games when it copies them to get rid of the media and region checks, just seems strange that red ninja only works with NTSC settings.

Berga biggrin.gif

#15 km_

km_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:22 PM

yea just need to change to ntsc, no need to patch with qwic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users