#1 iMPULSZE

iMPULSZE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

Well, I've been working on making myself a "Yoshi-boxx" of my own, and am now in the phase of modding the dreamcast thats going into it. I want to use 2 LED's in replacement of the 1 power LED. Does anyone know what voltage to use if I want to change it to 2 3mm blue LEDs??

#2 reZz

reZz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:08 PM

Check the voltage with a multimeter. Post your results, and you shall get help...or maybe someone here already knows...

#3 minnow

minnow

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:12 PM

I can say with great certainty that if you solder the 2 positive legs of your leds together, and solder the 2 negative legs together, they should replace your original LED just fine. They will draw so little Amperage that it won't significantly tax the original power supply for them.

#4 iMPULSZE

iMPULSZE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:16 PM

I dont have a working multimeter at this time, but I do know that the original LED is a 3.3v. Would it be ok to use 2 3v leds?

I was thinking that i needed to connect the 2 LED's in-line (pos-neg, pos-neg)...but I will try both pos together and both negs together.

#5 minnow

minnow

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:11 PM

Bring closure to the thread. It'd help others out if you told them if the solution worked.

Did you try it yet?

#6 iMPULSZE

iMPULSZE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

I have been worknig a lot of hours... But, I will try this out sometime midweek. Expect an update by thursday.

As A side note.... does anyone know the difference between dreamcast fans. I have opened about 10 dreamcasts, all of which have the regular black casefan. But, last night I opened one up and it had a silver metal fan. Anyone know if there's a difference between the 2??

#7 minnow

minnow

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:57 PM

metal fans are more dangerous! Is the whole fan (including the blades) metal, or just the fan housing? Most electronics fans nowadays use plastic blades. I'd say the metal housing is more sturdy. But it doesn't have an effect upon cooling.

#8 iMPULSZE

iMPULSZE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:49 PM

The fan housing is metal, but the blades are plastic. I dont know which one I want to put into the DC.

#9 rmbell

rmbell

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

http://dcemulation.com/phpBB/

#10 iMPULSZE

iMPULSZE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:38 AM

Ok, did the 2 led thing and it worked. I used 2 5mm 3.7v leds from radio shack, and they seem to be pretty bright in comparison to the original led.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users