11 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

My friends and I recently ordered some Xecuter 2.6 CE modchips, and just a few days ago I began installing them. My modchip works fine (My Xbox is 1.1), however no one else's is really working the way we want it to.

The first guy's is a 1.6 Xbox (We aren't really sure if it is an A or B ). I installed the chip and the rebuilt LCP exactly as the tuts told me, but the chip will not flash correctly. Sometimes FlashBIOS won't even load (in this case, the Xbox just FRAGs out). I've checked my solder points multiple times, I've re-soldered thrice, and I've even tried to hot flash... None of it works.

What's wrong with the first guy's?

Okay, the second guy has a 1.0 Xbox (I love the fan on the heatsink! Why did M$ stop doing that?!). I've opted for the wire install on this Box because it has solder in the holes and I don't have any desoldering braid. This chip is really confusing me, though... I've tried following the tuts, and I have soldered all the wires just like it tells me to. That doesn't work. The Box boots like there isn't even a chip there!

What's wrong with this one?

I want some confirmation that this is fixable and my friends' Xboxes aren't fuxxored. Please help, and thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you in advance (with more thanks to come if I get these Boxes fixed!).

Edited by Hunter Killer, 02 April 2005 - 10:35 PM.

#2 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:04 PM

1.0-1.5 xbox = USE X2.4983 bios!
1.6 or 1.6b xbox = evox m8 (for 1.6 xbox) or m8+ bios (for 1.6b xbox)

for a 1.0-1.5 xbox u can just use a 512KB bios file and flash it to bank1.

but for a 1.6 or 1.6b xbox u MUST put the bios on BANK2! or otherwise u will have problems... just get x2 bios manager and put flashbios on the first half and evox m8 (or m8+ ) on second half , so when it's all done u will have a 1MB bios file! then flash the chip.

1.6 xbox = samsung ram
1.6b xbox = hynix ram

NOTE: for a 1.6b xbox u MUST use flashbios v3.0.3! ... for a 1.6 or earlier just stick with flashbios 3.01!

P.S. KNOW what your doing before doing bios flashing cause if u mess up u will have to get a programmer or use the hotswap method!

have fun and good luck wink.gif

#3 ctgene

ctgene

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Golf
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:26 AM

On the 1.6 box, just keep checking your soldering, usually if you can't get the flashbios screen and it keeps fraggin on you it's the soldering. Use a multimeter to check the voltages on the PH this will give you a good indication of where your soldering is bad.

On the 1.0 board, did you remember to attach the cable from the chip to the switch? and be sure you have the flash protect switch in the off position.

Pay attention to what thacrip said about the bios for a 1.6!

#4 Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:24 AM

I figured out the second guy's... The green wire on the wire install thingamajig wasn't soldered very tightly. I just added more solder and it boots like a charm! I'm gonna install UnleashX now~! biggrin.gif

As for the first dude's: I know, 100%, for a fact that my solder points are correct and the chip itself is installed correctly.

I'm thinking that when I hot flashed the first dude's chip I used the wrong BIOS (It's Xecuter 2.4983.06)... Do I have to use M8, or is there another BIOS that is compatable with the 1.6 Xbox (I don't want to use M8 because I had trouble loading dashes other than Evox with it)?

#5 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE(Hunter Killer @ Apr 2 2005, 09:30 PM)
I figured out the second guy's... The green wire on the wire install thingamajig wasn't soldered very tightly. I just added more solder and it boots like a charm! I'm gonna install UnleashX now~!  biggrin.gif

As for the first dude's: I know, 100%, for a fact that my solder points are correct and the chip itself is installed correctly.

I'm thinking that when I hot flashed the first dude's chip I used the wrong BIOS (It's Xecuter 2.4983.06)... Do I have to use M8, or is there another BIOS that is compatable with the 1.6 Xbox (I don't want to use M8 because I had trouble loading dashes other than Evox with it)?

View Post

like i said in my first post thats pretty much all the choices u got ;( sorry.... BUT teamxecuter is close to finishing up there NEW bios which im pretty sure will support 1.6 xbox's wink.gif ... not to mention it will have other things in it cause they called it "x2 config live" ... so im guessing possible skins support for it and ftp server etc.

but since the evox bios's check for evoxdash.xbe first... and say u wanted to use a dash like avalaunch... did u ever try renameing the avalaunch.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and see if it boots that way?

Edited by ThaCrip, 03 April 2005 - 04:47 AM.

#6 Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Apr 2 2005, 09:51 PM)
but since the evox bios's check for evoxdash.xbe first... and say u wanted to use a dash like avalaunch... did u ever try renameing the avalaunch.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and see if it boots that way?

View Post

Yep. I tried it on my xbox... It booted Unleash like a charm, but then Unleash couldn't run apps. I then reflashed with Xecuter 2.4983, and the apps worked. It was strange, to say the least.

#7 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:55 AM

when u said u tried unleashx ... did u ever give avalaunch a shot with the apps thing? (im just curious)

#8 Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Apr 2 2005, 10:01 PM)
when u said u tried unleashx ... did u ever give avalaunch a shot with the apps thing? (im just curious)

View Post

Nope... I guess I just assumed it wouldn't work. I'll Avalaunch, then.

#9 Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:32 AM

Just tested it. Avalaunch had the same problem as Unleash. The apps would not run with the M8 bios.

I really don't want to use Evox... It doesn't have a built in file manager like Unleash.

#10 Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:44 AM

Mmmkay... I now have Evox on the first guy's. However, the ini is not complete (it's slayer's) and I am not able to FTP into the box to fix it (or replace it).

It runs great, except the freaking incomplete menu/ini.

#11 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:25 AM

get a fresh copy of "Evox 3935" from irc.efnet.net #evolutionx (using mIRC)

then try using that wink.gif

p.s. the NEW X2 bios should be out soon wink.gif ... the "X2 Config Live" ... which will support 1.6 xbox's wink.gif ... wait til this comes out. ... there pretty much done with it ... it's just being tested for any possible bugs. ... once u get this u should have no issues running something like unleashx or avalaunch etc.

Edited by ThaCrip, 08 April 2005 - 12:28 AM.

#12 smokingmods

smokingmods

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:45 AM

yep fraid the crip hit the nail on the head
the 1.6 has a few known bios issues
most require you play with it to find what works best for your xbox