X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:41 AM

Hello,
I am here today putting up the question if something should be done about the selling of signatures in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. You may have seen my ad in that forum, and I immidiately regret my decision to sell them. I may be double-talking, but I believe that this will get so out of hand that it will start flooding that forum. In the past week, I have seen 3 topics started, each with lower prices for sigs every time. If people want signatures, they should be free. So I am asking that you as a moderator to do one of two things. Either ban selling signatures in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum or please edit the title if my topic (http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=377976) so that it says (title followed by subtitle):

Need a custom Signature?
Free Signatures

Thank you for your time,
X_Gamer7

Edited by X_Gamer7, 03 April 2005 - 05:42 AM.

#2 KeyMastur

KeyMastur

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Women, Sports, Weights, Computers, Photography
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:43 AM

sig's are gay IMO anyways. i think all images should be banned. only ref's should be placed there.

#3 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:25 PM

Selling sig's is wrong, when you can make your own for free. Honestly if you want to make more money go and wash some peoples cars or somthing.

#4 X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(bucko @ Apr 3 2005, 09:31 AM)
Selling sig's is wrong, when you can make your own for free. Honestly if you want to make more money go and wash some peoples cars or somthing.

View Post

exactly

woops, a 4th ad for sigs has just went up

#5 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

I'll be addressing the BST forum and some rules change people won't be fond off shortly.

Oswald.. contact me on ICQ please.

#6 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:jhgjh
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:49 PM

any chance you will be adding a uk section to it, look how well its going!

Edited by tutyet, 04 April 2005 - 03:49 PM.

#7 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(tutyet @ Apr 4 2005, 08:55 AM)
any chance you will  be adding a uk section to it, look how well its going!

View Post

But the thing is it isn't going well. There has been much talk in the areas where only moderators and admins can see. And they are very close to shutting down the B/S/T Forum permately because of all the crap like this that goes down there. So no they probably arn't going to add a UK section.

EDIT: Also from B/S/T rules:
People who continue to ignore the clearly posted rules and post complaints all over the place despite moderators and staff closing and moving them.. expect two things to happen.. the person complaining (and not necessarily the accused) will have their account closed, and that BST will get closed altogether. XS has already dedicated too much time and human resources to maintaining this area of the site. If it continues to be a problem we will close it.

[/B]Also.. do not ASK for any expansion of the BST type forums as we have no intention of adding forums to this area, or to expand the services provided.[B]

Edited by jonathan2007, 04 April 2005 - 11:03 PM.

#8 Northcarolina ReDn3k

Northcarolina ReDn3k

X-S Genius

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:Being an total ass.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:35 PM

I like the sigs. If people are good with programs they should be able to show off their skills make sell them.Thats how the make some extra $. I dont think its right if you take away that.Maybe the guys who suck at making sigs..but rmgr is amazing and thats how he gets money, and others like me arent good with programs liek that.

#9 Chado

Chado

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:59 PM

As a counter arguement it doesn't say anywhere in there that you have to specifically sell Xbox stuff. I noticed you have a BST saying you make sigs to. If you make a complaint and you are complaining against what you are doing, you should stop doing what you are doing first. Are you doing this just so you can get more business or what?

#10 Northcarolina ReDn3k

Northcarolina ReDn3k

X-S Genius

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE(bucko @ Apr 3 2005, 10:31 AM)

View Post

bucko i disagree with you 100%..first of all you have to BUY the program such as adobe or what ever you use.And if we dont want to and already kno they suck with it..then they should be able to buy one.. muhaha.gif

#11 The*galloping*zebra

The*galloping*zebra

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Lazing
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:29 AM

any chance you will be adding a uk section to it, look how well its going!

I think we're happy with just the thread, If we got are own section it would be as empty as the pro wrestling section.
I mean come on, we only get 4 maybe 5 posts in that thread a day and half of them are bumps. So being the minority that we are, I don't think us Uk'ians use the B/S/T enough to warrant our own section. I think at the most (very most) the UK thread should be pinned, but to be honest I'm quite happy with the thread and the classfied ad site which was set up by another member.
So I think the asking for our own uk section should stop smile.gif

As a counter arguement it doesn't say anywhere in there that you have to specifically sell Xbox stuff

I'm pretty sure items have to xbox centric, I could of swore I read that somewhere. wink.gif

bucko i disagree with you 100%..first of all you have to BUY the program such as adobe or what ever you use.And if we dont want to and already kno they suck with it..then they should be able to buy one

For one, your grammar is appalling. Next thing is this is an Xbox site for xbox related things. I know a few sites which design sigs and such for free, why not keep things sig related to more appropriate sites. If you haven't got the skills its your own problem.. if you have got the skills you don't need to flaunt them all over a xbox forum

sig's are gay IMO anyways. i think all images should be banned. only ref's should be placed there.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there, not everyone buys/sells from the b/s/t. just because you like to keep your ref's in there doesn't mean everyone else does. Sigs should be kept how people like/want them (with in reason).
But thats your opinion so you are welcome to it.. smile.gif

edit* I also hope the b/s/t doesn' get closed as for the little time I spend in there buying/selling/trading I enjoy it.

Edited by The*galloping*zebra, 05 April 2005 - 01:33 AM.

#12 Northcarolina ReDn3k

Northcarolina ReDn3k

X-S Genius

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE(The*galloping*zebra @ Apr 4 2005, 07:35 PM)
I think we're happy with just the thread, If we got are own section it would be as empty as the pro wrestling section.
I mean come on, we only get 4 maybe  5 posts in that thread a day and half of them are bumps. So being the minority that we are, I don't think us Uk'ians use the B/S/T enough to warrant our own section. I think at the most (very most) the UK thread should be pinned, but to be honest I'm quite happy with the thread and the classfied ad site which was set up by another member.
So I think the asking for our own uk section  should stop smile.gif
I'm pretty sure items have to xbox centric, I could of swore I read that somewhere. wink.gif
For one, your grammar is appalling. Next thing is this is an Xbox site for xbox related things. I know a few sites which design sigs and such for free, why not keep things sig related to more appropriate sites. If you haven't got the skills its your own problem.. if you have got the skills you don't need to flaunt them all over a xbox forum 
I'm going to have to disagree with you there, not everyone buys/sells from the b/s/t. just because you like to keep your ref's in there doesn't mean everyone else does. Sigs should be kept how people like/want them (with in reason).
But thats your opinion so you are welcome to it.. smile.gif

edit* I also hope the b/s/t doesn' get closed as for the little time I spend in there buying/selling/trading I enjoy it.

View Post

Like i care if someone over the internet judges me on how i type...tell someone who cares.

#13 ahoatam

ahoatam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Xecuter 2.3<br />80 Gb HDD<br />XBMC Dash<br />JP1 remote<br />12V 80mm Fan<br />Internal auto-switching DVD
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE(Northcarolina ReDn3k @ Apr 4 2005, 04:56 PM)
Like i care if someone over the internet judges me on how i type...tell someone who cares.

View Post

Um... you cared enough to respond... dry.gif

#14 The*galloping*zebra

The*galloping*zebra

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Lazing
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:36 PM

Like i care if someone over the internet judges me on how i type...tell someone who cares

If you want people to validate your opinion and take you seriously the least you could do is spellcheck you words or attempt to use the correct grammar. I was just saying.. thats all wink.gif

#15 Northcarolina ReDn3k

Northcarolina ReDn3k

X-S Genius

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE(ahoatam @ Apr 4 2005, 11:45 PM)
Um... you cared enough to respond...  dry.gif

View Post

you sound just as gay as your avatar is.

QUOTE(The*galloping*zebra @ Apr 5 2005, 07:42 AM)
If you want people to validate your opinion and take you seriously the least you could do is spellcheck you words or attempt to use the correct grammar. I was just saying.. thats all wink.gif

View Post

im sorry im not perfect sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users