2 replies to this topic

#1 Butters18

Butters18

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:48 AM

so i got the dist-1.1.0-xbox.tar file from xbox-linux...but i am really confused

first i read the FAQ and it said you can do software or hardware, the software version seem like you need a bunch of things including a game and a memory stick and the hardware version you need to open the box. Isnt there a way to install it with a cd? My xbox is modded. if you can do that where should i install it so my games stay on the box and i can still use them.

also if you can give you give me a link to an FAQ that would be great, i read the one posted at the top but it doesnt seem to be the one i have.

any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

#2 Neisius

Neisius

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Butters18 @ Apr 2 2005, 10:54 PM)
so i got the dist-1.1.0-xbox.tar file from xbox-linux...but i am really confused
first i read the FAQ and it said you can do software or hardware, the software version seem like you need a bunch of things including a game and a memory stick and the hardware version you need to open the box. Isnt there a way to install it with a cd? My xbox is modded. if you can do that where should i install it so my games stay on the box and i can still use them.
also if you can give you give me a link to an FAQ that would be great, i read the one posted at the top but it doesnt seem to be the one i have.

any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

View Post

If you already have a moded xbox then there is no need to bother moding it again with the software/hardware hack. If your xbox can read burned CDs then just pop it in and start it up.
I had lots of probs installing Xebian with my software hack. It wouldn't startup at all. Then I tried GentooX and it worked great.
But no matter what I think you need at least 4.5gb of free space on your E drive(or a harddrive mod)

Edited by Neisius, 04 April 2005 - 07:47 PM.

#3 bone135

bone135

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

Check this guide out:

http://www.keckstar....inux/index.html

The default filesystem size when doing the install to the e: is 2000MB. But you can change that. If you want to do the install via ssh you will probably have to change some settings in your router to get ssh access to xebian when you boot from the cd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users