160 replies to this topic

#1 greenmile

greenmile

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:20 AM

XXX is great, it plays a few games better and it is very much appreciated.

However, I am still looking forward to V2 by oDD/lantus, with the real-deal skin (which it WAY better than the xxx version) and a more refined and polished gameplay experience. I've had several random crashes with xxx, much less than v1 every did. Hopefully Rice 6 plugin could be put in. And who knows, maybe those nice people at 1964 will release their latest sources, or perhaps the new PJ sources.

So, as I'm giving props to the xxx team, my heart is still set on the official V2 release.

greenmile

#2 ncasebee

ncasebee

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:40 AM

Ditto. biggrin.gif

#3 Scoobysnaxx

Scoobysnaxx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:01 AM

However, I am still looking forward to V2 by oDD/lantus, with the real-deal skin (which it WAY better than the xxx version) and a more refined and polished gameplay experience.

How can you be so sure that Surreal 2 will even be better that what this may turn out to be? tongue.gif

And I dont care how you cut it. Asking for a new Surreal after tinkering with this one after 2 DAYS, seems rude to me wink.gif

Edited by Scoobysnaxx, 05 April 2005 - 01:03 AM.

#4 AkumAPRIME

AkumAPRIME

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:03 AM

I control V2, and it will never come out as long as I am alive. So you can stop hoping...

#5 Viewtiful Asher

Viewtiful Asher

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE(AkumAPRIME @ Apr 5 2005, 12:09 AM)
I control V2, and it will never come out as long as I am alive. So you can stop hoping...

View Post

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .... *sighs* those were the days.

#6 Sir_Vival

Sir_Vival

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:35 AM

I for one am just happy SOMEONE is working on it biggrin.gif

#7 DK|Masters

DK|Masters

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:programing, developing games, building hardware stuff for the computer and for my xbox<br>

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:29 AM

Surreal v2 is just a dream. I don't believe that it will ever come out. It is just Bla Bla. There are no Progress Screenshots or anything else that can confirm odds work. So for me im vey happy with the xxx team "GogoAckman,FreakDave and Artik".It is cool to see a regulary update.

Thank you very much guys.

#8 rehab

rehab

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(DK|Masters @ Apr 5 2005, 05:35 AM)
Surreal v2 is just a dream. I don't believe that it will ever come out. It is just Bla Bla. There are no Progress Screenshots or anything else that can confirm odds work. So for me im vey happy with the xxx team "GogoAckman,FreakDave and Artik".It is cool to see a regulary update.

Thank you very much guys.

View Post

Yup, agreed.

Odd and Lantus did an amazing job on V1, and i'm sure any new version would be great too, however the guys currently working on 'XXX' should also receive a lot of respect for putting in all the work and the project is looking better by the day.
So, all i got to say is: "Thanks guys, your work is very appreciated!"

#9 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:24 AM

I think, when it comes to Surreal v2, there are two groups of people here, those who are sick of waiting for it and those who are sick of hearing about it. The consensus being that everyone should just shut up about it until there's actually something to say.

And while it is nice to see others trying to advance the project, I think Surreal XXX has a long way to go before it's anywhere near v1.0 in terms of stability. To be honest, it comes across as something of a rushed job to me. Almost as if the authors checked Conker was running better and then released it on the basis of that without bothering to check much else. Many games have glitches, and yet are still being reported as 100% working in the compatibility thread. Perhaps things will improve in the future, but until then v1.0 seems the much safer bet to me.

#10 mr_chips

mr_chips

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:15 AM

but until then v1.0 seems the much safer bet to me.

1.0 no longer cuts it. It simply won't run the main reason everyone wants to emulate n64: conkers bad fur day.
And as for these incompatibility problems, I haven't seen any games that won't run that used to -- other than Mario Tennis (despite that it crashed often and was basically unplayable anyhow). Where all this "the menu crashes my xbox" nonsense it coming from I don't know either. People, edit surreal.ini to set rompath and mediapath. $%#@!
And you can stick with 1.0 if you want to, frankly I'm bored to death with it. Lol, I hope you mean fdb v4 by the way, it doesn't have flicker and it's exactly the same as 1.0.

I am still looking forward to V2 by oDD/lantus, with the real-deal skin

ok... so why not just make a new skin? Here, I'll even make a new skin with the old theme if it'll convince you to give XXX a chance.

#11 Justin Credible

Justin Credible

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

I am also NOT experiencing any system crashes or similar with the new xxx version. For me there are also no games that worked with FDB4 and won't work now. I did not have any problems with save state 2 or any problems at all. So it's stability is comparable to V1.0 for me.

What i must say is, even tough the graphics are enhanced, it cannot rival the graphics quality of Project 64 1.6. As i think Iriez said (or Lantus - don't remember sorry) there is some kind of chance to get the plug ins and core of that release kind of ported to the next surreal V2. So their "connections" to the "big names" of emulation like Rice seems to be better and so their final product (V2) for sure will be better and will have unique performance and compatibility.

But in the meantime for me (as i don't experience any new problems with surreal) the xxx update did more than satisfy my wishes - so thanks alot for you great work to Freakdave and Gogo.

P. S. As i read to all the forum topics regarding this emulator, why is it that the "XXX-Team" seems to work against the "original Team"? Wouldn't it be outstanding if you all would join forces????? -

If you would start working together i think you could built up something really BIG, because all of you are outstanding programmers i think?

Cheers

Justin

#12 HK$

HK$

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(Justin Credible @ Apr 5 2005, 10:35 AM)
P. S. As i read to all the forum topics regarding this emulator, why is it that the "XXX-Team" seems to work against the "original Team"? Wouldn't it be outstanding if you all would join forces?????

The story began with a 'special' version of FBA-XXX. The time when everyone says omg fba-xxx is far cool than fbax it can play every neogeo games for me. lol
tongue.gif

Edited by HK$, 05 April 2005 - 01:27 PM.

#13 GogoAckman

GogoAckman

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:18 PM

And while it is nice to see others trying to advance the project, I think Surreal XXX has a long way to go before it's anywhere near v1.0 in terms of stability.

blink.gif , do you think it is our first project? Do you know what these bugs really are? Are you sure it is a memory leak problem? Did I not promise to include 3 rices plugins if I don t get the latest (and Dave is in the right way to do it)? Do you know how long it took me to rewrite all the interface (actually 3 week end, which means 6 days as I don t work on it the week, which is +- 60 hours, I don t think it is too long)?

As for the ui and the rest, I am totally bored hearing it is ugly, I didn t like the old one (and it is true), so I decided to change it, if you had look a little into the sources, you would see how it sucked (in terms of editing I speak here).

For the battle between devs, I ask no more than work together but with some attitudes, it will not come tomorrow, that s for sure, I hate that "elitist" attitude here (and I was thinking it was only devs, but some ppl always criticize, it is boring, I promised to release it last week end, it was done, yes it is not finished, but you have something to try, that s all).

A side note, I am the one responsible at 100% of this ugly interface, actually, Dave is working on the emu (I help a little, but N64 emulation is not really what I like) and I am working on the port himself (ui, config, options to make some life easy , and for sure, Dave helps me too, that s how a team must work), that s why I didn t know all previous functions of surreal or didn t know the reason for some things (list cache for example).

#14 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

It took ya 3 weeks to merge a UI used from another project into surreal? (lol)

Yea, doing UI work blows.

I could care less how resourceful/unresourceful a interface is, so long as it has the right 'look'. The original was very unique in that aspect, instead of tacking on the typical bland 'lets make a list' look that <insert port of emulator # 35435353 here> has.

Its like comparing evox to UIX

#15 Brouhaha

Brouhaha

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(mr_chips @ Apr 5 2005, 03:21 AM)
1.0 no longer cuts it.  It simply won't run the main reason everyone wants to emulate n64: conkers bad fur day.

View Post

Does the term "everyone" include me? If so, you're wrong. I could care less about Conker and love emulating the TONS of other classics on n64...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users