Photo

What's The Latest With N64 / Psx / Mame Emulation?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fredas

Fredas

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 05:05 PM

Subject says it all. I'd have lost money if I'd placed any bets three months ago as to whether or not we'd see something new in one of these three areas. MameX hasn't been updated for a heck of a long time - owing in part, I'm sure, to the developer's harddrive issues but one can only stretch that explanation so far. Psx.. should be a cinch on an Xbox if I can get it to run at full framerate on a P2-300.. haven't heard a peep about this, though. And the good old N64, which has suffered probably the most dramatic span of wasted time in the history of emulator development thanks to the fact that the person who originally took up the flag decided to snub the public because of one person's actions. I'd heard, some three or more months back, that somebody was fixing to release a new N64 emu for the Xbox. Evidently, that was just grumblings from the grave.

Point of this thread is to see what today's rumors are. Is there some progress imminent in any of these areas? We're starting to see NES and SNES emulation being finalized (with the addition of sai filtering, and hopefully the ironing out of the new framerate issues such functions engender). But I'm sure most people have already beaten every old NES or SNES game they ever wanted to, several times over. Now we're all waiting to do something with the Psx and N64 games, which by rights should have been already emulated on the Xbox a year ago. I tend to wonder if the PS2 will see a good N64 emulator before the Xbox does. That would be true irony.

#2 slamer

slamer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:BAAAH!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 March 2003 - 05:10 PM

why do you wright so much?

do you think youth these days has the time to read?

mame is the only offical emulator realesed for tha BOOMBOX
and you can find it at http://www.xbox.com

#3 Schmo

Schmo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 March 2003 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (slamer @ Mar 17 2003, 05:10 PM)
why do you wright so much?

do you think youth these days has the time to read?

mame is the only offical emulator realesed for tha BOOMBOX
and you can find it at http://www.xbox.com

... or knows how to use the word "write" correctly in a sentence? wink.gif

Why ask why?

#4 Mechazilla

Mechazilla

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 08:30 PM

The psx emu is supposed to be released Late March/ Early April. And as for the N64 emu, which I believe is only N64-X has been put on hiatus, I heard it might make a rls in March, but dont hold your breath since nothing about it has surfaced, and it still uses the shitty Daedalus code.

#5 EGOvoruhk

EGOvoruhk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Mechazilla @ Mar 17 2003, 08:30 PM)
The psx emu is supposed to be released Late March/ Early April. And as for the N64 emu, which I believe is only N64-X has been put on hiatus, I heard it might make a rls in March, but dont hold your breath since nothing about it has surfaced, and it still uses the shitty Daedalus code.

Hey man, any code is better than no code. Right?

#6 HeLiuM

HeLiuM

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 01:21 AM

i dont see why nobody tries to port 1964 using the daedalus video plugin instead of the whole daedalus emu

#7 Clay_Trainor

Clay_Trainor

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Snowboarding, Paintball, Snowmobiling, hanging out wiht friends.
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:57 AM

because man, there are no open source plugins for pj64, this has been gone over several times.

#8 buzzman

buzzman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 04:23 AM

I am a "friend" of the person who was snubed; the creator of the N64 emu that never really got off. I have heard that he is secretly working on something...... with a release as soon as early April.

It shure is fun playing Golden Eye on my xbox....... tongue.gif

#9 SSSSSmokey

SSSSSmokey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 04:46 AM

I know a guy whos brothers accountant went to college with a guy that works at Sony, and he got me a perfectly working beta copy of the new PS2 emu for Xbox, AND the new GTA game!
<inside joke>Ahhh...the "rape" button was a great idea...</inside joke>

#10 buzzman

buzzman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 05:01 AM

Your an idiot. I am not. You can make fun of me all you want.

<inside joke>Ahhh...the "rape" button was a great idea...</inside joke>

the "shutup" button is a great idea.....too

Did your accounts friend also give you the prototype ps3 also....
some people.

#11 leigao84

leigao84

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 05:29 AM

Humm, I worked for Sony as an intern I never have heard of this! I mean M$ would certainly never sign a ps2 emulator for xbox from sony! Think about it, M$ make money by getting people to buy software. Why would sony write a emulator to be only used for a modded xbox. And how do they ever emulate codes written for a 128bit system to a 32bit system is completely beyond me.

Do you know anything about console relationships and emulator? Oh I guess that's a rhetorical question!

Don't try to make yourself look cool by making up stories that obviously doesn't exist. Sony is trying to make money, not losing it by getting some stupid programer to do a emulator, and it would be quite a feat and I would be very suprised that it's not leaked! I mean we get pre-released games from who? The programers themselves! Point made!

#12 jeefus

jeefus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (leigao84 @ Mar 19 2003, 06:29 AM)
Do you know anything about console relationships and emulator? Oh I guess that's a rhetorical question!

Don't try to make yourself look cool by making up stories that obviously doesn't exist.

I fear you may have missed the sarcasm in what was being said there... tongue.gif

But anyway, I too would like to see some update releases to several emulators. I'd love to see UAE-X with full keyboard/mouse/harddisk support for instance, as I could then run my XBOX as a fully functional A1200. And like everyone else I can't wait to play some fullscreen, hi-res, proper speed and full sound Mario 64 and Zelda on the XBox!

Now that House of the Dead III has been released, how about a PS1 emulator with full lightgun support? Then I can play Point Blank etc as well as HotD...

#13 Bravo

Bravo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 04:59 PM

I put some posts out in the past bitching about when these emulators are suppost to be here and getting kinda pissed, but after waiting a little longer I've grown patience and I also realised I would never be able to make one of these highly antisipated emulators on my own and it must be alot of work so all I have to say now to those who are working on something is

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what you come up with. And there will be thousands of people who'll be happy to get what you make.

#14 Mechazilla

Mechazilla

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 08:17 PM

once agian a wonderful topic gone completely astray of its original goals.

#15 leigao84

leigao84

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 08:50 PM

Hey if you can't wait for emulators to come out, take these steps:

1) Go to local book store and look up C++ and Asembly Language, and DirectX.
2) Get some idea on how emulators works on a PC, read about hardware emulation.
3) Modify your xbox to a XDK.
4) Join the group that's currently trying to port the emulators to the xbox, I'm sure they'll love your help...

Don't complain, cause emulator programing is hardwork! Many programs have to stop because the members are not doin it full time! Help out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users