africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:59 AM

so i was checkin out another thread in here, and i saw someone puttin an xbox in a mini fridge,
this is the best idea ever, but he didnt keep the fridge working,
i want to keep a working fridge, but just put the xbox in like the bottom part of the fridge,
whats the best way of keepin the mobo sealed, so i dont get any condensation in there,
like a plexi box, or something, it doesnt have to be super fancy, just keep my beer cold, and have an xbox in there,

also i was thinkin, is interference from the fridge condensor and what not gonna be an issue?

Edited by africamagical, 06 April 2005 - 05:04 AM.

#2 PmJtrain36

PmJtrain36

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:36 AM

What kind of interference would a condenser make? It would not make electrical.
And it will be very hard for you to keep water out of the case, use lots of silicon. also how would u run the controllers, power, and av into the refridgerator?

#3 jeeproject

jeeproject

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:50 AM

I dont really see a benifit to this since the Xbox can't be overclocked. The Xbox will not run any better and you will not only have to deal with condensation on the motherboard but the hard drive also and mabye even the power supply but I assumed you would make the power supply external of the fridge. To each his own and I am sure you have your reasons. If you want to konw if you will have problems with interferance from the compressor motor then do a test run first. Stick the whole Xbox in the bottom of the fridge and leave the door open so the compressor will come on and see if there is any interferance. Another thing that might affect this is if you are using the RF shielding, but I think that is mostly for tv interferance caused by the Xbox itself.

#4 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

the benefit would be it is humerous to have an xbox in a working frigde, and i get bored easily

hmmmm, so would it be cold enough in there, an enclosed plexiglass container siliconed without circulating air would be enough cooling? or would i have to drill a circular hole out the back and silicone it for a fan

Edited by africamagical, 06 April 2005 - 07:56 AM.

#5 gerbertronic

gerbertronic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:56 AM

Silica jell The stuffin the white perferrated bag you get in boxes with electronics that says "do not eat" will absorb moisture. Other than that have the xbox compleately sealed and ported to outside is the only way I can think off to stop condensation, (and have that foam space invader stuff they fill in the lining of fridge's) around the sealed xbox enclosure. Youll also need to make sure the port doesnt suck in heat from the back of the fridge.

Edited by gerbertronic, 06 April 2005 - 07:59 AM.

#6 bobthenob

bobthenob

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

hi the mini fridge i am usining dosent get that cold its not like a real fridge. its just a cold plate in the bottom with a metal lining in the fridge alsoe takes quite a while to cool so no god to really cool prosecer etc. But makes a great case for modding
Bob
user posted image
I have seen smaller fridges to mine that I think you could just about fitt every thing in
with little extra space .

#7 The*galloping*zebra

The*galloping*zebra

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Lazing
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:19 PM

Aslong as the doors closed you will not get condensation. Fridges tend to be very dry, its only when the door is opened and the cold and hot air meet condensation is formed.
just thought i'd throw that in...

#8 sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

Africa, take me out of your sig, I took you out of mine.

#9 Canadian Export

Canadian Export

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:25 AM

My Xbox in a mini fridge. And the fridge still works!!

#10 sheliak

sheliak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:40 AM

Silica jell The stuffin the white perferrated bag you get in boxes with electronics that says "do not eat" will absorb moisture.

I love it. Keep your fridge stocked with lots of little bags that say "do not eat". biggrin.gif

#11 jeeproject

jeeproject

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(sheliak @ Apr 6 2005, 11:46 PM)
I love it.  Keep your fridge stocked with lots of little bags that say "do not eat".  biggrin.gif

laugh.gif If thats not irony then I don't know what is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users