#1 Slapping Monkey

Slapping Monkey

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:06 AM

Hi,

About a month ago i softmodded my xbox. Everything was awesome! I even put XBMC on my xbox and loved that even more! So i decided hey why not make XBMC my default dash. I followed a tutorial on this site and when i was done had xboxdash.xbe and default.xbe. Sadly i have gotten error 21 since then. I have eeprom and that stuff on PC. XboxHDM will not work for me cause my PC (got 3 laptops so the Pc is from 1994 0r 96') doesnt recognize any way i burn XboxHDM (burned 15 different ways on CDR's.)...

IN SHORT --> Is it possible to just buy a different hardrive thats already formatted with all the original xbox files/OS and pop it into my xbox? Here's an idea of where i'd get one of these hardrives....

http://www.xbox-modchips.com/120gb.htm

Please let me know if this would work! smile.gif

#2 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:13 AM

No in short because you softmodded your xbox, what you would have to do is put the new hdd (it has to be also softmodded since you don't have a modchip) and then you would need to use your epprom (that you said you have i believe) and lock this new hdd with that and it should work, but you can't just pop it in because of these reasons:

1:If it's not softmodded then it won't work.
2:It needs to be locked to your xbox, the hdd comes unlocked as it is unless stated but you would still need to send you epprom to them to lock it or else once again won't work.

Hope that helps you understand what you would need to do any more questions post,
Degalle

#3 Slapping Monkey

Slapping Monkey

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:19 AM

Okay ill look to see if it comes pre-softmodded. Thanks for help that clarifies the new hardrive plan.

#4 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:23 AM

Not a problem glad to help, if you have anymore questions plz post or give me a pm and I'll try to help as much as possible.

Degalle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users