6 replies to this topic

#1 Scuba Jeremy

Scuba Jeremy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:48 AM

I accidently changed my EEPROM last month when I was softmodding my friend's Xbox. I have since recovered my hard drive from a locked status using ATAPWD.EXE, and now everything is locked back up using the new EEPROM, all programs are accounted for, everything is great... except for my Burnout 3 gamesaves. The game loads, but my Profiles are "UNUSABLE".

I read that Burnout 3 and a few other Xbox games will lock the gamesave to the hard drive serial number so that people cannot share gamesaves online, or with memory cards, etc. I'm wondering if my experiments in HDD unlocking and/or misadventures in ConfigMagic may have permanently damaged my game saves. Is there some way to edit or patch the saves with my new information?

Thanks!
- Jeremy

#2 Scuba Jeremy

Scuba Jeremy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(Scuba Jeremy @ Apr 6 2005, 08:54 AM)
I accidently changed my EEPROM last month when I was softmodding my friend's Xbox. I have since recovered my hard drive from a locked status using ATAPWD.EXE, and now everything is locked back up using the new EEPROM, all programs are accounted for, everything is great... except for my Burnout 3 gamesaves. The game loads, but my Profiles are "UNUSABLE".

I read that Burnout 3 and a few other Xbox games will lock the gamesave to the hard drive serial number so that people cannot share gamesaves online, or with memory cards, etc. I'm wondering if my experiments in HDD unlocking and/or misadventures in ConfigMagic may have permanently damaged my game saves. Is there some way to edit or patch the saves with my new information?

Thanks!
- Jeremy

Nevermind, I learned how to resign the game save with the HDD key that is on my Xbox now. If someone else has this same kind of problem, I'll write up a short description of how I repaired my game saves.

#3 pdottz

pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:28 PM

can you help me out with that please. I was almost done with I had to do a reformat of my hdd and now my gamesave for burnout3 are unusable event though I didnt change the hdd.

also I forgot to mention that even though the hdd is the same, I did switch out motherboards from another xbox.

Edited by pdottz, 06 April 2005 - 10:35 PM.

#4 Scuba Jeremy

Scuba Jeremy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(Scuba Jeremy @ Apr 6 2005, 09:32 PM)
Nevermind, I learned how to resign the game save with the HDD key that is on my Xbox now. If someone else has this same kind of problem, I'll write up a short description of how I repaired my game saves.

Yessir - I basically just followed this tutorial, and it worked marvolously. Just edit the .ini file with the information listed in that thread, FTP your game save to your PC, edit it, FTP it back, and it should be all good to go. Also, you have to make sure that you change the proper .ini that requires your HDD KEY, which can be found by running ConfigMagic.

#5 gamersha794

gamersha794

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:58 PM

changing motherboards changes your eeprom........

#6 pdottz

pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

what tutorial?

#7 Scuba Jeremy

Scuba Jeremy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(pdottz @ Apr 7 2005, 08:11 PM)
what tutorial?

Oh shit, duh. Forgot to paste the link. This thread will show you all you need to know: http://ntsc-uk.domin...ead.php?t=30084

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users