86 replies to this topic

#31 netdroid9

netdroid9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(ColdReader @ May 3 2005, 08:51 AM)
We would be luck to even get Quake to work

View Post

I don't know... If Q3A Gold or Team edition or whatever it was works on a crappy PII PC with a TNT2 video card (It ran quite smooth actually smile.gif), Quake I or even Quake III should work fairly well in my opinion smile.gif.

Has anyone been able to compile x-DSL in a way that it can pass the controller ports 2-4 to Qemu so they could be used by XBCD and therefore Q3A? FPS the way they WEREN'T meant to be played... biggrin.gif.

#32 v4lyfe

v4lyfe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:23 AM

yo,
this looks great, but i have a problem from this tutorial
everything goes perfect until the last step, where it says to type: sh /cdrom/win98.sh
it doesnt work
can anyone help???? maybe im putting it in the wrong folder or somin?

#33 advanitr

advanitr

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:55 PM

the link does work for me:(

#34 advanitr

advanitr

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:22 AM

v4lyfe type: sh /cdrom/98.sh

should work!

#35 Ozzy PL

Ozzy PL

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:16 PM

I tried to install Win98 but there are many of problems with that uhh.gif When I will buy new HDD for my PC, then I will try more...

#36 sportsguy1237

sportsguy1237

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:04 AM

i have windows 98SE upgrade edition, and was unable to get around the "producte verification" step of installing 98. the step checks to see if you have a "valid windows product to make you eligible for the upgrade" i can't seem to get around this, because qemu wont read the A:\ drive where my win 3.1 disks are. any ideas?

#37 sportsguy1237

sportsguy1237

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:04 AM

i have windows 98SE upgrade edition, and was unable to get around the "producte verification" step of installing 98. the step checks to see if you have a "valid windows product to make you eligible for the upgrade" i can't seem to get around this, because qemu wont read the A:\ drive where my win 3.1 disks are. any ideas?

#38 player433

player433

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:38 AM

I've tried using that site that shows that tutorial on how to get windows 98 to run on your xbox but for some reason I can't get the download to work to be able to download the files to help make the windows cd. Anyways the site is http://www.pspupdate.....psphacker com and also too I think with the games it's probobly best to try and run games with a nocd crack so that there is no cd to even bother with, just an idea, Thanks.

#39 Megabug

Megabug

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:15 PM

How I can run the .bat file in xdsl?! Always shows that cant open this extension... (cant open .exe, too wink.gif) dont understad it. Or misunderstanding? wink.gif thx...

#40 ZerKol

ZerKol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:12 PM

ok i installed a ftp server in win98 in qemu and my desktop and i can connect to the ftp server only through win98 to my desktop. but not from my desktop to win98. but qeum says the the way the network was emulated was through a 'Firewall/DHCP server ' hence the funny 10.0.0.15 ip address ( http://fabrice.bella...u/qemu-doc.html ) but does any one know of a way to get the network working both ways??

Edited by ZerKol, 14 August 2005 - 03:17 PM.

#41 Brycesk8er

Brycesk8er

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:23 AM

hello everyone. in this tutorial it wont let me download the kit under step 5 of the tutorial. anyone no whats wrong??? please help. thanks

#42 Scramble

Scramble

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:12 PM

Firstly the link on tutorial step five you refer to (http://pspupdates.qj...98-on-xbox.html):
right click and save target as. It tries to save as win98.htm but rename to win98.rar before clicking ok.

Secondly the 98.sh file. It's saved as a pc file and not a unix file and you need to open it in a linux text editor, remove the carriage returns and save.

If you've ftp'd the qemu folder to e on you xbox, the 98.sh file should look something like:

#!/bin/bash
echo Loading Windows 98...
sudo /mnt/hda51/qemu/qemu/qemu -L /mnt/hda56/qemu/qemu/ -m 24 -hda ./win98.img -cdrom ./win98.iso -full-screen

#43 Scrufdog

Scrufdog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:19 AM

am I missing something?

I followed the tut using 98lite and such, and after all was done I copied the the img, sh and qemu dir over to my e drive but when i run xdsl it sez it cant find 98.sh

Am i supposed to copy into the knoppix directory, or am i supposed to ftp it in when im running xdsl?

#44 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:35 PM

Some basic tips here:

The "SH" file is basicly a "BAT" file (script). It assumes you have a frugal install of xDSL on E, since this mounts your xbox E drive to /cdrom/. Thus, putting the files on the root of E requires you to run a frugal install of xDSL from E.

Big bug here: since /cdrom/ is mounted read-only, you cant change ANYTHING in windows. (qemu would try and write to "/cdrom/win98.img" but its read only!)

Short: frugal install of xDSL on E, files in root of E as per tutorial, enter command (from xterminal) "sh /cdrom/98.sh"

#45 Scrufdog

Scrufdog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:52 PM

i have a loopback install. so I just changed the load command to reflect the directory the files were.

Now the problem I am having is once I run qemu the first time, windows runs great and such......but after I quit out of it, and shut down Xdsl, it wont boot up again with getting errors. I can run xdsl just fine if I never run qemu, reboot, shutdown, over and over, with no problems.

I get the following error.....

INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804e19a! sleeping for 30 seconds.

and it repeats.

If I just kill the xbox and reboot, then I get a bunch of fsck (i think) errors and a prompt that wont accept input from my keyboard.

any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users