• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 SparkyDave

SparkyDave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:27 AM

Wow thank you so much! I didnt quite understand before, but yes that works! thank you! biggrin.gif

#62 r1sky

r1sky

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:57 PM

yep. win98 works fine if you can get past the protection fault error on every startup. so plug in a keyboard and hit enter to get past it and boot up right.

#63 hogstedt

hogstedt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:01 PM

Can someone put a Turorial somewhere? Cuse I want to have Windows98 on my Xbox!

#64 r1sky

r1sky

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(hogstedt @ Mar 21 2006, 06:08 PM) View Post

Can someone put a Turorial somewhere? Cuse I want to have Windows98 on my Xbox!

http://72.14.203.104...us&ct=clnk&cd=1

#65 hogstedt

hogstedt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:39 AM

Thanks biggrin.gif

#66 hogstedt

hogstedt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:58 PM

Wow, This works for me! Cool biggrin.gif
But its too slow tho sad.gif
I guess Linux is better on Xbox... cool.gif

#67 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Reverse engineering, Linux, crazy operating systems voodoo, embedded development
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(hogstedt @ Mar 25 2006, 12:05 PM) View Post

But its too slow tho sad.gif

That's what you get from emulation, unfortunately. I expect QEMU Accelerator would run on the xbox, though, which would work substantially faster (virtualisation rather than emulation). The licence terms of the accelerator forbid it to be redistributed, though, so you'd have to download it from the QEMU site yourself and install it in your X-DSL setup.

#68 InactiveGnome

InactiveGnome

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:09 AM

hi

Edited by InactiveGnome, 26 March 2006 - 08:09 AM.

#69 Tomdabomb3333

Tomdabomb3333

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:07 AM

I need to find the tools from step 5...I tryed the links to the tutorial on psphacker, and that seems to be down...along with the other link that takes you to google.

Good thing I copied the text out of the page so I still know what to do...but I need to find the tools from step 5 if anybody could help?

#70 axboxed

axboxed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:58 PM

Heres The Updated Link
http://pspold.qj.net...98-on-xbox.html

#71 x-fox

x-fox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(torne @ Mar 26 2006, 12:54 AM) View Post

That's what you get from emulation, unfortunately. I expect QEMU Accelerator would run on the xbox, though, which would work substantially faster (virtualisation rather than emulation). The licence terms of the accelerator forbid it to be redistributed, though, so you'd have to download it from the QEMU site yourself and install it in your X-DSL setup.

Unfortunatly QEMU Accelerator needs a good chunk of ram in order to offer any benefits over QEMU standard procesor emulation. So unless your xbox has the 128MB ram upgrade QEMU Accelerator is realy not an option. This has already been talked about at length in this forum before it got severly trimmed.

Anyway there are a great many tweaks you can do to make 98 run very well. do a google for 98 optimization. since 98 was released there have been literally hundreds of tweaks to make it faster. I installed 98 last year and made run very well. Then I lost interest like you do with these things, and deleted it. but hey I may have another bash and publish all my steps here. so watch this space

#72 stefmister

stefmister

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

hey..
i tryed the tutorial, but i ran into a problem, i am a newbie to linux so i need som help to QEMU how do you get that to work? i cant install it.

i did dowmload the kit from the PSP site, but i dont know how to use it?

Edited by stefmister, 29 May 2006 - 06:35 PM.

#73 raider_58

raider_58

X-S Enthusiast

• Last Chance
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:24 AM

GUYS HELP!!! blink.gif look I've have everything that I need. The tutorial...(updated one sleep.gif )......the kit....and the ISO Image for win98...BUT when I run the program on my comp I get stuck on STEP:6 Picture #2 sad.gif....What does that meant? Press R? does it means press the "R" key or does it means press the "rhight" Arow? Look guys Im not just a simple noob the link for the Tutorial was down for a long ass time but in the meanwile I bought everything I need it and did the the Modifications requared on my controls so it could accept the USB Keyboard and mouse.....I have Xdsl even running on my Box!! frugal intall and everything!!
But the tutorial..... I just don't get it. Am I supssed to run the Qemu Start Batch file on the comp or on the xbox wile using Xdsl? Dudes Maybe its just too simple for me to see or get, or its just that Im complicating things for my self unsure.gif Can somebody tell me or point me to the right direccion of how it should be done? I'll appreciate it happy.gif

#74 X_Splinter

X_Splinter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:32 PM

Where i can download the kit??... because is no longer available in PspHacker

Did i need to install Windows 98 on my PC???

The toturial is a little confuse ( or i'm the one who's complicating things)

Edited by X_Splinter, 19 July 2006 - 01:33 PM.

#75 Sgt.Sakic

Sgt.Sakic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE(raider_58 @ Jun 1 2006, 02:31 AM) View Post

GUYS HELP!!! blink.gif look I've have everything that I need. The tutorial...(updated one sleep.gif )......the kit....and the ISO Image for win98...BUT when I run the program on my comp I get stuck on STEP:6 Picture #2 sad.gif....What does that meant? Press R? does it means press the "R" key or does it means press the "rhight" Arow? Look guys Im not just a simple noob the link for the Tutorial was down for a long ass time but in the meanwile I bought everything I need it and did the the Modifications requared on my controls so it could accept the USB Keyboard and mouse.....I have Xdsl even running on my Box!! frugal intall and everything!!
But the tutorial..... I just don't get it. Am I supssed to run the Qemu Start Batch file on the comp or on the xbox wile using Xdsl? Dudes Maybe its just too simple for me to see or get, or its just that Im complicating things for my self unsure.gif Can somebody tell me or point me to the right direccion of how it should be done? I'll appreciate it happy.gif

same problem...do I install windows 98 on the computer or what? I don't want to overwrite my current version of windows I'm running...Windows XP. The guy who wrote the tutorial on the PSP site cannot write his intruction clearly enough in English, though he did a good job on the most part. I have xdsl running on the xbox and I have all the files I need (the windows98 iso, the qemu files etc.) but what do i do now??? I'm not a noob with computers I just need good, clear instructions. How do I start qemu in xdsl? Where am I supposed to put the files specifically on the xbox(if u could post exact paths it would be greatly appreciated) If anyone can help, thnx in advanced!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users