4 replies to this topic

#1 digitalhaack1981

digitalhaack1981

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:53 AM

I had another thread going on this but i thought it would be easier to start a new one. I have the newest x3 bios off of xbins and i will be getting a xecutor 3 ce modchip next week. Now once i burn this bios to a cd-rw, will I be able to use my slayers evox 2.6 disc to build my hard drive? I lost my original drive in a softmod upgrade disaster, and i am trying to fix it with a new bigger hard drive. All i had backed up was my eeprom, so its a total loss until i get this modchip in and working. I just want to make sure i don't have to do anything else. Put in chip with solderless install:Flash Bios with x3 bios cd-rw:Install evox with slayers:Enjoy!! Is all that right? Thanks y'all!! biggrin.gif

#2 novakpower

novakpower

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(digitalhaack1981 @ Apr 6 2005, 06:59 PM)
I had another thread going on this but i thought it would be easier to start a new one.  I have the newest x3 bios off of xbins and i will be getting a xecutor 3 ce modchip next week.  Now once i burn this bios to a cd-rw, will I be able to use my slayers evox 2.6 disc to build my hard drive?  I lost my original drive in a softmod upgrade disaster, and i am trying to fix it with a new bigger hard drive.  All i had backed up was my eeprom, so its a total loss until i get this modchip in and working.  I just want to make sure i don't have to do anything else.  Put in chip with solderless install:Flash Bios with x3 bios cd-rw:Install evox with slayers:Enjoy!!  Is all that right?  Thanks y'all!! biggrin.gif

View Post

I went this route. Flashed X3 through HTTP, then Ftp'ed all the files. Was a snap.

#3 digitalhaack1981

digitalhaack1981

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:01 AM

Ahh...but i don't have an internet connection at my home computer. i was ftp'ing to my xbox with the softmod, until i screwed up the hard drive. So i just want to flash with disc (or i did read about doing it through ftp, but i don't know where that install option is on the flashbios screen.) then install evox. I assume i'll have to do that with slayers.

#4 novakpower

novakpower

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE(digitalhaack1981 @ Apr 6 2005, 07:07 PM)
Ahh...but i don't have an internet connection at my home computer.  i was ftp'ing to my xbox with the softmod, until i screwed up the hard drive.  So i just want to flash with disc (or i did read about doing it through ftp, but i don't know where that install option is on the flashbios screen.) then install evox.  I assume i'll have to do that with slayers.

View Post

Do the disc install, probably the safest.
When its flashed the X3's bios lets you setup and format harddrives, and also lets you set your IP setting for the box, for a direct connection through a crossover or on a hub or router. Then its FTP all the way, which is built into the X3 bios. The X3 is a great starter chip.

#5 sean_2k5

sean_2k5

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:39 AM

i have loast a hard drive to softmod and only had the epprom but i still got it softmodded with a bigger hd all i did was took the dash off a friends xbox and uses xboxhdmaker to make a new drive 4 it and it worked i have also lost a hd to a chip (fried the hd when turned on so got mad and pulled the chip and all the wires on it out and some tracers followed aka d0 point and other stuff )and fixed it by making tracer's out of solder and thin wires

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users