• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 patoirish

patoirish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:47 PM

I am new to xbox modding and obviously to this forum. I have been looking into a few mod chips, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which mod chip i should go with. I am pretty much just looking to put games on a new HDD, and maybe keep some types of media on my xbox also. I was gonna go with a solderless chip, but wasnt sure which one would be the best to meet my needs. If i could get some suggestinos on which chip would meet my needs the best, it would be appreciated.

#2 Soullar

Soullar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:03 PM

Just read A LOT on this site/forum ...

Check all beginners FAQ's

So many people so many likes and dislikes.

But the good news is : all chips, even TSOP flashes and even softmods will allow you to upgrade your drive and use 'types of media'. wink.gif

Make sure you get a picture of how to mod your xbox yourself, make sure you feel confident enough to do it yourself ... Hints and tips all over the place.

#3 xbox_maister

xbox_maister

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:xbox, cars, girls, computers and everything that makes life worth living...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(patoirish @ Apr 7 2005, 05:53 PM)
I am new to xbox modding and obviously to this forum.  I have been looking into a few mod chips, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which mod chip i should go with.  I am pretty much just looking to put games on a new HDD, and maybe keep some types of media on my xbox also.  I was gonna go with a solderless chip, but wasnt sure which one would be the best to meet my needs.  If i could get some suggestinos on  which chip would meet my needs the best, it would be appreciated.

View Post

for solderless solutions there are several options. for modchip go with any solderless chip you want... cus basically all it does is loading an hacked bios...
but to warn you do NOT go with the spider chip altough its cheap, its fragile and easy to screw up...

if you want something solderless, free, and without opening your xbox to install it (if your upgrading your hdd you will need to open it anyway...)
then go with softmodding your xbox... it will do everything you mentioned above.

problems for softmodding is: it may take longer time than an chip install, risk for screwing up is a little bit bigger... but other than that its pretty easy (remember to read the tutorials smile.gif )

hope im not to confusing... uhh.gif

xM

#4 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:11 PM

Get the cheapest solderless chip (if you want to chip and not a tsop or anything), as they all pretty much will do what you want.

#5 POPEYE1716

POPEYE1716

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:58 PM

I have the Xchip it works great, had for about a year no probs,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users