• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 s_raver

s_raver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

I am a new to xbox modding and i was wondering what this splinter cell soft mod is all about and if there is any sites i can find a directions on how to do it and do i need a mod chip to do it? if anyone can help please do.

Edited by s_raver, 07 April 2005 - 08:44 PM.

#2 xbox_maister

xbox_maister

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:xbox, cars, girls, computers and everything that makes life worth living...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(s_raver @ Apr 7 2005, 08:48 PM)
I am a new to xbox modding and i was wondering what this splinter cell soft mod is all about and if there is any sites i can find a directions on how to do it and do i need a mod chip to do it? if anyone can help please do.

View Post

you do not need a modchip as the splinter-cell softmod is going to act as a modchip biggrin.gif what it does is it reflashes the bios and let you install a new dash so you can run unsigned code, copy games to hdd, and much more.

if you read the tutorials and does some searches you will find out how to do it...

to get the bios, the hacked splintercell gamesave, and a dash, go to the "usual places " and download them from there...

hope it clarifyes something for you biggrin.gif

xM

#3 KPSHAH316

KPSHAH316

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:28 PM

Splinter Cell softmod instructions

#4 Element_N

Element_N

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Your mama, Your Girlfriend.
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:33 PM

There are plenty of guides that you can use. check out this topic: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=215055 as for the hardware here is a list that you can use:
1. PC (obviously)
2. Xbox (Even more obvious)
3. Action replay(if you don't know what this is follow this link http://www.walmart.c.....A120144:78145
4.Crossover cable.
5.Ethernet port
6. Splinter Cell (Damn Obvious)

Now begins the fun crap. To go into the usual place where you get the Splinter Cell Game Exploit you probably need to follow this link http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php This link here will tell you all about "The usual places" and how to access it. Once you get into "The Usual Places" you will need to go into XBOX, game exploits, splinter cell exploit and download the .RAR or .ZIP file. Next you will need to UNRAR or UNZIP the file using UltimateZip, Follow this link here http://www.ultimatezip.com/ then download it. Once unzipping the file you will need to transfer the file over to the Action Replay Memory card. plug the Memory Unit into one of the slots on the Port 1 controller after doing this you will need to select the Splinter cell exploit and copy it to the hard drive. (Note you will need to delete all of your Splinter Cell Game Saves) then boot up your Splinter Cell Game and go and load the Linux profile by selecting start game select the linux profile and go and hit checkpoints the EvoX dash will load up. Once this is done go back to your computer and go into network connections and select your Local Area Connection and Right click it and go to properties go to TCP/IP and double click it change the IP Address to 192.168.0.3 and the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0 and close it all out. After this go into FlashFXP which you should have downloaded to gain access to "The Usual Places" and enter these settings "Server or URL:192.168.0.3, User Name:xbox and password:xbox hit connect and volia your in your Xboxes hard drive go into Udata which is under the C:/ drive now you need to download the Linux installer from codejunkies via this link: http://us.codejunkie...g=559437140&p=8 Then take the file inside of the Udata folderand replace it with the file that has the same number on the Xboxes hard drive. Then reboot the Xbox and load up Splinter Cell load the Linux Profile and that will bring you up to LTools and select install UDE this will install every thing for you and you will be done. If you screw up don't blame me but I strongly suggest backing your Xboxes C:/ and E:/ that way IF you do screw up then you can go back in replace your C:/ and still have everything working. By doing this softmod you will hold me in way possible responsible for screwing up your drive OR Xbox entirely. ph34r.gif

#5 Element_N

Element_N

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(KPSHAH316 @ Apr 7 2005, 03:34 PM)

You know this link is bad right? ph34r.gif

#6 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:44 PM

instead of action replay, if you have a friend with a modded xbox, they could FTP the save to your memory card for you

but anywho...you could make the installation process even easier if you download krayzie's uxe auto installer from the usual places (check my sig on that). then all you do is ftp over that gamesave (there is a PAL and NTSC version, make sure you get the right one), load the save up through splinter cell...and then follow the on screen directions (it will do everything for you!).

#7 s_raver

s_raver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:55 AM

I have been reading about the exploits and i checked the system info on my xbox and it looks like this

K:1.00.5838.01
D:1.00.5960.01

so which exploits would i be able to do. uhh.gif

#8 Element_N

Element_N

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:01 AM

Dosen't really matter although it is good that you have the latest dashboard available. Just follow through with the Splinter Cell Exploit but the one thing you would need to do is look at your Splinter Cell case and at the top right it should say NTSC or PAL this is important because if you don't get the right save then it won't work. ph34r.gif

#9 s_raver

s_raver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:19 AM

Its NTSC

#10 Element_N

Element_N

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:38 AM

Good. Most of them are then you will need Splinter Cell GameSave Exploit-NTSC. it should look something like that. ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users