6 replies to this topic

#1 kalmeq

kalmeq

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:38 AM

if i want to be able to play game i have to put m8 bios or something like that what software do i need?

#2 jokeroony

jokeroony

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Anything XB
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:40 AM

there r several ways to flash this chip i would use a x2 programmer just read the tutorial section u will find it there

#3 delacruz

delacruz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Dj
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(kalmeq @ Apr 8 2005, 06:44 AM)
if i want to be able to play game i have to put m8 bios or something like that what software do i need?

View Post

if you have the aladdin advance it should come pre-flashed with the cromwell bios. Having the cromwell bios is pretty handy since it allows you to flash the modchip directly from the dvd-rom or even via FTP.

#4 kalmeq

kalmeq

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:45 AM

ok thx a lot but just one last question i have an aladdin advance and it says that if you hold 2 second it will enter flash mode and flicker yellow red orange .

but it never worked is it possible that it work even if the light doens't flash like they say its suposed to be.

what will it do if i try to flash my aladdin and it is not in flash mode ?

#5 kalmeq

kalmeq

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE(delacruz @ Apr 8 2005, 07:02 AM)
if you have the aladdin advance it should come pre-flashed with the cromwell bios.  Having the cromwell bios is pretty handy since it allows you to flash the modchip directly from the dvd-rom or even via FTP.

View Post

my aladdin advance have com preflashed with m8 bios once the chip have benn flashed once is it possible to reflash it?

maybe its because its already have a bios that it cant enter flash mode?

does it enter flash mode only when there nothing on the chip beside cromwell cause i want to buy one chap for my friend .

#6 kalmeq

kalmeq

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:25 PM

hello plz how to enter flash mode with aladdin advance and make it flicker 3 colors

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:38 PM

Look on the lattice chip (the smallest chip on the mod itself) if it has 32 on it its an Aladdin advance 32 and has no Flash protection so you can reflash it without holding for 5 seconds. If its 64 hold the button and don't worry about the eject lED flashing colours this rarely works but the chip will flash anyway.
If the chip is already flashed with M8 and it works I advise leaving it as you don't seem sure what to do to flash it and may end up with a bad flash on this chip.

Edited by Chancer, 12 April 2005 - 11:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users