Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 March 2003 - 05:16 AM

This may not be the correct forum, but I thougt some of you may like to know a way of joining those infamous flipper DVD movies. Anyway, here goes:

I bought "Goodfellas" yesterday and was a bit annoyed that it was on a flipper disc. After reading a bit on joining movies, I'd like to share how I did it.

First off I ripped both sides into respective folders, I then changed the name of the vobs in the second folder (being for sideB) to carry on after the vobs in the first folder (sideA). ie vts_01_1.vob - vts_01_8.vob as it would be for this movie. Move the Side B files to the Side A folder.

I then opened up IFOEdit and remade new IFO files to correspond with the vobs (1-8). Once that was done, you can check to make sure all the chapters are there.

I overwrote the IFO/BUP files with the new ones in Side A folder then ran DVD2one on the whole lot to get it to DVD-R size.

Once that was done I double checked the IFO again and noticed it had changed the chapters. It went from 1-19, then chapter 20 was the whole of side B!

I re-ran IFOEdit, created new IFO files and they then showed the correct chapter sequence. I overwrote the old with the new in the folder I sent the DVD2One made vobs.

Burnt the disc and voila! Works perfect biggrin.gif

I realise now that there may have been a quicker way of doing it by running DVD2One on the files first, then only using IFOEdit once to make the new IFO files. I'm not sure that that would work, but the way I just explained does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users