• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Goober Doober

Goober Doober

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:45 PM

I recently downloaded the newest version of Msn Messenger (7.0), and it will not let me sign in. It says "You cannot sign in to the MSN Messenger srver because you are connected to the Internet through a firewall using a HTTP proxy server. 81000364" If i click troubleshoot it says this "We were unable to troubleshoot your connection to the .NET Messenger service. There is possibly a problem with the service, your Internet connection, or your proxy settings. Please check your settings and make sure that you are connected to the Internet. " I am not under a firewall nor a proxy server. I have DSL through Frontier. Msn Messsenger v6.2 will let me sign in. Could someone help me??

#2 Northcarolina ReDn3k

Northcarolina ReDn3k

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:Being an total ass.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

why not just keep 6.2..that ones perfectly fine.

#3 acrossbetween

acrossbetween

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:17 AM

i agree with the first statement, however let's entertain this for a second before we uninstall stuff.

do you have a router for your dsl modem? If you do, there might be a firewall or at least a place you need to enable a specific port in your router, check that first then post back. ( I just got a mental picture of you checking for a router and you dont have one, so all you do to check is look down then back up and start typing, NO . . . . well it was funny in my head rolleyes.gif )

eric

#4 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:40 AM

Off topic, but I plan on sticking with msn 6.2 for as long as I can, the winks drive me crazy

#5 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:03 AM

Go to options, connection, advanced...
Uncheck all boxes except TCP

0 user(s) are reading this topic