• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thor2j

thor2j

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:00 AM

I was just wondering what kind of Xfer speeds people are getting from there xbox to there pc HDs. For some reason the speeds are only about 1600 Kbps. Maybe this is the limit of the dvd rom on the xbox. That would equate to just below a 2X reader. The image creator tutorial I read said DVDs should xfer in 1-10 minutes depending on the DVD. Well for example Halo which is 3GB+ with all the extras takes almost an hour. Stays steady at appx 1600 KBps. I have a router system set up with 10/100 NIC all showing 100. Thoughts, suggestions?????

#2 ftc2002

ftc2002

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:47 AM

I am getting about 1500kbps from the xbox dvd-rom, but from the xbox HD to the PC HD I have been getting about 10,000kbps. As for suggestions? As long as you are transferring from the dvd rom to your HD I don't think there's much you can do. Because you will be limited by your drive, And as for the speed of the dvd it is 2x~5x depending on which drive you have.

#3 lala larry

lala larry

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 07:08 PM

From the PC -> Xbox transfer, I get about 4000Kbps. For the NIC driver, I set the Media Type flag to "Auto Select". If I set this flag to 100Base-Tx, my speed drops to 1500Kbps.

From Xbox -> PC it's 10,000Kbps.

Try playing around with the NIC settings, and I know there an older thread on this so search around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users