4 replies to this topic

#1 pommie78

pommie78

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:10 AM

Ok so I found a hard drive lying around at work and thought I would try it as an xbox hd. Anyway I umpluggedmy pc one and then plugged this one in to the pc but pc couldn't recognise it, and have since found out that it wouldn't work in an xbox anyway.

So onto my problem, I have since replugged the normal pc hd and everything was going fine in regards to using it until I got a blue screen of death. So I restarted the pc and it says primary hd not found press f1 to continue or f2 for setup. I press f1 pc starts to load windows, I log on and then the dreaded blue screen of death.

INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM

Check to make sure any new hardware/software is installed properly (which it is I think)

Technical information
***STOP: 0x00000096 (0xF58A7730,0x80552D9C,0x8055D60,0xF8B01AA6)

***tfsnifs.sus - Address F58A7730 base at F5895000, DateStamp 4055fe57
***ssrtln.sys - Address F8B01AA6 base at F8AFF000, DateStamp 4006066a

Beginning physical dump of memory.

Now can anyone please point me in the right direction as to what I should/can do please.

Any help appreciated.

#2 DaNiceOne

DaNiceOne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:19 AM

Make sure all connections to the HD is snug and tight...never know when it could be a loose connection

#3 TheMarine

TheMarine

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:51 AM

beginning dump of physical memory means the HD is beginning to defrag.

I know that makes no sense that the RAM would be affected by what you did to the HD, but anyway.

I used to get that all the time, last week in fact. I solved the problem by buying another gig of ram.. works fine now.. (i didn't remove my HD, so I could be wrong)

try burrowing a buddies RAM and see if it boots. if not, i dont know what to tell you.. my computer technical knowlage is limited.

#4 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE(TheMarine @ Apr 9 2005, 03:57 AM)
beginning dump of physical memory means the HD is beginning to defrag.

I know that makes no sense that the RAM would be affected by what you did to the HD, but anyway.

I used to get that all the time, last week in fact. I solved the problem by buying another gig of ram.. works fine now.. (i didn't remove my HD, so I could be wrong)

try burrowing a buddies RAM and see if it boots. if not, i dont know what to tell you.. my computer technical knowlage is limited.

View Post

It means that the kernal (or the first x bytes it's programmed to dump) is dumping to disk, not defragging.

Anyway, I'd check loose connections, and your BIOS settings.
Generally this is a logic board failure, IDE controller failure, or corrupt kernal.

#5 pommie78

pommie78

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:42 AM

thanks for the ideas. Everthing is snug, so maybe I wil get some more ram and see if that solves it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users