10 replies to this topic

#1 rastaman

rastaman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 04:22 PM

Has anyone added switches to the x2pro? so that the programmer with the switches can be mounted internally (with just parallel connector exposed for a cleaner look) and the modchip can still be turned on and off. I searched the forum but didnt find any posts.

Thanks

#2 msnyder

msnyder

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 March 2003 - 04:33 PM

You should read the post ove at the Xecuter forums...the Pro is just that an PRO version, it's not made to look pretty, and it already has switches on the programmer. Attach the programmer to the back of the Xbox and put it in your entertainment center, unless you put it in there backward you'll never know...

#3 easye082

easye082

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 March 2003 - 04:44 PM

i cant get over how many people think the external adapter is ugly and looks sloppy....stick it in the back and u dont see it

i put 2 small strips of velcro on the back of my xbox and attached the programmer there...works great for when i need to take it off to connect to laptop for programming...

call me crazy but i like the external adapter on the outside...makes it obvious that you modded your xbox...i think its cool

#4 Troy^

Troy^

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:24 AM

putting a disable/enable switch for the x2 pro is easy take off that fucking jumper and but a spst switch solder the sucker on and mount it on to the xbox case 2 simple lol

#5 HeLiuM

HeLiuM

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:36 AM

x2pro doesnt have the jumpers.
if you're desperate you could attach a switch right to d0..

#6 |x|

|x|

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:41 AM

whats wrong with you people. he didn't say "hey what do u think of this mod" he asked if anybody did it so save your opinion on whats hes trying to do and help the guy.

i myself haven't done it to mine but plan on it. if you look around the xecuter forums there is info there on how to do it i think. i know somebody did do it.

#7 msnyder

msnyder

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (|x| @ Mar 18 2003, 08:41 PM)
whats wrong with you people. he didn't say "hey what do u think of this mod" he asked if anybody did it so save your opinion on whats hes trying to do and help the guy.

i myself haven't done it to mine but plan on it. if you look around the xecuter forums there is info there on how to do it i think. i know somebody did do it.

Read your tag dood...

"Young Member"
tongue.gif

#8 ASheva10

ASheva10

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (msnyder @ Mar 18 2003, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (|x| @ Mar 18 2003, 08:41 PM)

Read your tag dood...

"Young Member"
tongue.gif

Would you rather have this guy spam the boards just to have a higher post count, for your info some people are opposed the post count, and I think that it should be removed, cuz in my opinion |x| knows more than you, and by the way he is one of the mods over at MasterMods.com

So you do the math.

#9 davidhes

davidhes

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Computer, Rugby League

Posted 19 March 2003 - 05:55 AM

Would you rather have this guy spam the boards just to have a higher post count, for your info some people are opposed the post count, and I think that it should be removed, cuz in my opinion |x| knows more than you, and by the way he is one of the mods over at MasterMods.com

So you do the math.

I totally agree man! Just because someones posts are low does not mean they're a dumbass some people just read and dont post or he could have just come to this board and been modding xboxes elsewhere! So dont always assume just cos its low... So give people a break! mad.gif

Edited by davidhes, 19 March 2003 - 05:56 AM.

#10 Xevets

Xevets

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (rastaman @ Mar 18 2003, 05:22 PM)
Has anyone added switches to the x2pro? so that the programmer with the switches can be mounted internally (with just parallel connector exposed for a cleaner look) and the modchip can still be turned on and off. I searched the forum but didnt find any posts.

Thanks

tutorial on Switches 4 X2 pro and inside case mounting
[URL=http://xbox.shallax.com/ShALLaX/modtut/]Shallax's webpage[/UR

Very Nice mod with switches

xbox.shallax.com

I plan On doing something similiar I am just look at all the
alternatives while I wait for my mod chip to arrive
Best job I have seen on the topic also made a usb mod

Let me know how it turned out when you do yours

#11 ScifiKG

ScifiKG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 10:10 PM

I did this for a PC case. I recommend desoldering the switch box. It makes it easier to solder wires to board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users