3 replies to this topic

#1 GCG49

GCG49

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 06:32 AM

Is there any reason why 2 xbox's are simply not compatable with xlink? Because me and my friend have made numerous attempts to play each other and we can't get connected. Hell, we joined the same room once and although everyone else inside could see both of us neither of us could see the other one (is that not wierd?).

We are both using the same ISP (Comcast cable) and live less then 1 mile apart. We're both connected to xlink via linksys wireless routers. I have a 2.6 xecuter chip, he has a v3 one. I'm running the games off of original game discs/DVD-R's, hes playing the games off of his HDD.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:41 PM

Is there any reason why 2 xbox's are simply not compatable with xlink?
This question makes no sense as 2, 3, 4, even 255 Xboxes are compatible with one XLink engine.

Just that you can't configure correct doesn't mean it isn't compatible, nor do I understand what your question has to do with the rest of your post.

#3 dbldown768

dbldown768

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:37 PM

i think the problem might be the wireless... if your network card doesnt allow for promiscuss mode (i believe) you might not be connected properly. why not try a hard line first and messager mode with your friend.

#4 GCG49

GCG49

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

Ok - we have changed some things so that now we can play each other, however when either of us HOSTS a game the other person can't join. I guess I could probably test it without using the wireless sometime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users