#16 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(tweaqr @ Apr 12 2005, 08:16 AM)
I didn't have any problems upgrading from 556 to 557.

Open file manager browse  to my Music folder and press A on any MP3 file, plays fine the first time but back out (B or Back) and tri to play another one and the xbox frezzes.
Haven't tried this with any other file type.

keep up the great work, but only if you enjoy it.  smile.gif

That was a bug in 551. I mentioned it in a thread. It works fine now in 557. Are you sure it updated for you? Press Y and check the version number. The only thing that doesn't show is the name of the song in the playlist.

#17 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

Ok. Just downloaded the 557 build. I missed the last build (556 was it?) so I just upgraded from the release before 556 (whatever build that was). Anywho first off I went to change the filter flicker and it needs to be on 3 for me. When I go from 2 to 3 all the text goes slighty blurry. It looks blurry on 3,4, and 5. 0 is way to bumpy 1 is too bumpy and so you have to watch going from 2-3 to be able to see the text become blurry. If you are just looking at the screen you probably couldn't tell that the text is slightly blurry so its not a huge deal. Second I told UnleashX to check for updates. I went out and saved and rebooted and went back into Live Update and it was set to no again. It doesn't seem to want to save that setting. Also I left the flicker filter on 0 while I was typing this a the screensaver came on. When I got out of the screensaver the screen wasn't all jumpy like it usually is. But when I went to save it became all jumpy again. I don't have any music on my xbox right now so hopefully I can get some on it and test the new skinned audio player. Thanks for the new build James. Keep up the good work! beerchug.gif

#18 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:31 AM

Ok well this is probably some skinning bugs with the new player but
circled in pink are the errors

user posted image Click for bigger image

* song title obstructed by skin

* funny icons not there in the non skinned version or James own screenshot

* The last one of the song times not showing in the playlist is true even for an unskinned version they only show after being played

#19 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE(isaac_24 @ Apr 13 2005, 04:17 AM)
That was a bug in 551. I mentioned it in a thread. It works fine now in 557. Are you sure it updated for you? Press Y and check the version number. The only thing that doesn't show is the name of the song in the playlist.

View Post

yeah it says 557 ed deleting the game save still didn't work

#20 freakdave

freakdave

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:PROGRAMMING,XBOX...
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:38 PM

Bug confirmed:
As Jonathan2007 said, the flicker filter keeps resetting back to 5 if you return from the screensaver.

#21 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(freakdave @ Apr 15 2005, 09:44 AM)
Bug confirmed:
As Jonathan2007 said, the flicker filter keeps resetting back to 5 if you return from the screensaver.

View Post

I don't know that is set back to level 5. It still showed 0 on mine but it may have looked like level 5 if that is what you are implying unsure.gif . Did you get the fuzzy text like I mentioned? P.S. Thanks for your releases of Surreal64. Keep up the sweet work! smile.gif

I have found another bug also. I was playing around in the latest public release of UnleashX. I was trying to find a new skin to use. I happened to change to default and it showed the change but when I pressed A again it wouldn't save and exit the menu. I hit A several times and it just stayed on the menu. Finally I B'd my way out and rebooted. It was back to my previously selected skin. I also tried this in the latest WIP (557) and it had the same effect. Most people probably wouldn't find this bug though since almost no one wants to go back to the default skin (with all the other great skins out there to choose from instead). I didn't try editing the config.xml and setting the skin to default but I bet that would work. Just not trying to save it from inside UX.

#22 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:20 AM

Fixed the flicker filter bug already, as well as the game saves bug.

Jezz_X,
Sorry, I forgot to package the "Agency.xpr" font which forces it to use the menufont instead (fallback). If yiou take a look at the skin.xml, it is refering to "Agency" which is not in the mplayer.rar. Just create an 8pt font and name it agency, drop it in the skin's folder. It should work.

And yes, the song title is under the image (zIndex). And lastly, for songs other than Xbox soundtrack, I only fetch the info when they get played, hence the time not showing till they get played.

#23 moviecut

moviecut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(unleashx @ Apr 17 2005, 09:26 AM)
Fixed the flicker filter bug already, as well as the game saves bug.

View Post

nice! did you read about the new linksboks release?

"....Some more work is needed, but this library can (I think) be integrated quite easily into "host" applications (in XBMC or dashboards for example)..."

maybe this is something for future work wink.gif but first of all try fixing the few bugs and make a public release please! there are some great improvements (ftp, audio-player..) which all the other user should know of!

greatings, moviecut

#24 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(moviecut @ Apr 17 2005, 04:38 AM)
nice! did you read about the new linksboks release?

"....Some more work is needed, but this library can (I think) be integrated quite easily into "host" applications (in XBMC or dashboards for example)..."

maybe this is something for future work wink.gif but first of all try fixing the few bugs and make a public release please! there are some great improvements (ftp, audio-player..) which all the other user should know of!

greatings, moviecut

View Post

I just can't understand why you would want a web browser in your dashboard. A dash shouldn't be bloated with every little game and feature. Just boot up linkboks if you wanna use it. It doesn't take that much longer. MxM includes minigames. I just don't see the point. They can't be that much fun and if you really wanted to play them just make them separate and boot them up. Otherwise it just slows down the dash for others (even though the minigames might be very small but still wink.gif ). And a web browser would be a lot bigger than some games I would think. Anyways I don't think including stuff that is un-neccessary for basic dash operation is a good idea.

#25 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:59 AM

I might have found a bug with the video screensaver. Anyone of you have been downloading from your XBOX to your PC and the screensaver video (when it comes on) starts blinking in and out? It stops for me as soon as I stop downloading anything from the xbox. This is on 557.

#26 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE(isaac_24 @ Apr 18 2005, 10:05 AM)
I might have found a bug with the video screensaver. Anyone of you have been downloading from your XBOX to your PC and the screensaver video (when it comes on) starts blinking in and out? It stops for me as soon as I stop downloading anything from the xbox. This is on 557.

View Post

Yeah thats confirmed with me as well maybe using too many threads

#27 SUBLOGIC

SUBLOGIC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:29 AM

557 bug,

When the list is open on the audio player, if you quickly select a different song after selecting one and playing it, it trys to start the next song but just loops back to the start of the song after about 3 seconds.

Also, The IP used to get displayed in Settings --> Network even when DHCP was selected. It shows fine on the main screen, but shows as 0.0.0.0 in the settings and the gate way is showing up as 192.168.1.100 but its actually 192.168.1.1

Thats all for now as most of the others i have found have been listed already.

Found another......Not so much a bug but if you select a default folder for the copy function, is shows the path, but after rebooting, the path is not longer visable but still goes to the drive you chose.

Sublogic

Edited by SUBLOGIC, 18 April 2005 - 08:33 AM.

#28 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:09 AM

Purely cosmetic but when you delete files (which is what I've done; could happen with others), the message box gets cut off at the top. I'd post a picture but I can't find my AV input bridge for my computer.

#29 moviecut

moviecut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:40 AM

maybe a little bug: when downloading a game-preview-video i always get an error message window but very short after that a successful window...
i can confirm, that there is a problem with the IP. it was reseted to 0.0.0.0 after i rebooted my xbox. but that was only ont time. maybe i can reproduce it...

#30 moviecut

moviecut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:07 AM

something more i noticed (not only in the last build):

- dvd-size isn`t displayed correctly in file explorer (it shows me over 6gb, but the game was only 3,5gb big)
- my i-net connection gets lost, when i cancel a preview-download in the middle of the download. i must reboot the xbox to get access to internet again.
- what about "add to queue" automatically when pressing x-button? i think it whould be very usefull (i liked this function in avalaunch very much)
- i have some mp3s, that aren`t played correctly. it stocks right at the last 5 seconds mostly...i have uploaded an example but i`m not shure, if i can link it here. write me a pm an i will give you a link.
- is there a chance not only to skip an mp3 but roll forward in it (don`t know the english word for it wink.gif ). i whould like to see this (of course in the media center, too. don`t know, why it`s already in there? i can scroll through avi-files, which mostly INCLUDE mp3! so why only skipping on mp3s?)

greetings,
moviecut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users