No replies to this topic

#1 venadium23

venadium23

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:13 AM

I posted here a few days ago about my problems connecting to a used xbox I recently picked up, and I've seen a few other posts from people with similar problems. At first I thought it was a hardware problem because I'd seen the threads about the ICs frying. Evox would show a bad MAC address (00:00:04:00:00:00) and wouldn't let me assign an IP manually. I had no way of testing DHCP without taking the box to someone else's house. Anyway while messing around tonight with Avalaunch, I was able to connect using the IP that Avalaunch assigns when you don't use DHCP. Now that I could FTP to the box, I updated XBMC, launched it, and it also let me assign an IP and connect using its FTP server. After connecting with Avalaunch or XMBC, going back into Evox with IGR, the correct MAC address was listed though it still wouldn't let me assign an IP and I couldn't connect to it. I'm not sure how I got to this point, but the only thing I did was try to change the MAC address in the M$ dash, which didn't have any affect apparently because the MAC listed in evox is the original MAC listed in the M$ dash. So maybe this is some kind of weird problem with certain combos of certain evox versions and certain xbox versions or EEPROMs or something? I used Slayer 2.6 to install evox on this box, and 2.5 to install it on my older box which never had this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users