• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, from softmods to tsop flashes. I also enjoy reading.<br /><br />Now modding 360's!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:07 AM

Ok, heres the deal. I have an xbox that wont turn on or off with the power button, i plug the power cable in and the xbox boots up, no button press needed. The drive opens fine and closes fine, but you need to remove the power cable to shut it down. Its not modded or chipped, i have opened it to see if it was the switch panel, i removed the switch panel and plugged in the power cable, it boots again. So with or without the power switch its still not shutting down properly. Has anyone noticed this before?

#2 pablot

pablot

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

It sounds like either something is shorting out the poweron line on the mobo or something is wrong with the pull up.. so trace the powerline and find the pull up resitor and check that it isn't gone or something =)

/pablot

(btw. just incase you don't know.. The power on button is connected to the pic mcu i think trough a trace that i call the power on line.. That line is held high by default and when you push the powerbutton on the front you short it to grund and the mcu recognizes that and thurns the xbox on. The power on line is held high by connecting 3.3V to it thrugh a resistor. The resistor is there to limit current flowing in to the line. So it might be that the resistor is gone or blown thus the power on line is low all the time and there for it turns on immediatley and you cant turn it off)

#3 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, from softmods to tsop flashes. I also enjoy reading.<br /><br />Now modding 360's!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the help, it all makes sence. I will look for detailed images of what im looking for and see what i can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users