Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:25 PM

EA is just getting more and more pathetic as time goes bye. Instead of putting the money towards making their games better, they are spending it on getting rid of competition.

I for one will not be buying any games from EA for the next gen systems; it really will not be that difficult, considering the only good games they have published (not developed, i might add) have been burnout 3 and Oddworld's Stranger.

#2 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:01 PM

Getting rid of the competition is all a part of business.

#3 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

true and while i dont like it, if it wasnt ea, itd be someone else... granted they do have a frighteningly large share of the gaming market...

#4 poncho

poncho

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:56 PM

I am sure Hercules Q Einstein and guitardork will be happy to hear that bit of news. They are Pro EA.

Screw EA Sports

#5 Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

who gives a damn at this point? I used to be a sports gamer I guess. I'd get the new football game to play with the buddies and stuff, but I liked the nfl2k series ever since I had a dreamcast. EA killed the genre for me. I hate the madden game as much as people hate reading dictionaries or something, I just never liked it. Now it's the only one on the market.

I dont even care anymore. There's much better games out there to be had than the same madden shit that's been rehashed since the next gen launch on the ps2.

#6 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(celinedrules @ Apr 11 2005, 06:07 PM)
Getting rid of the competition is all a part of business.

View Post

Obviously true, but i have never seen it done in the video game market remotely to the extent that EA has done in the past 3 months. It's chicken shit, imo.

The fact remains is that Visual concepts were making better, cheaper sports games then EA, and instead of steping up to the plate and making better games, EA bought out the right to make sports title in the given fields.

Big bad EA got their teeth knocked out, but instead of staying and fight, they ran home and called the authorities.

#7 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

the league offerend license exclusivity, and ea was the one who bid the most... blame ea sure, but the league is more at fault...

#8 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Apr 11 2005, 08:12 PM)
the league offerend license exclusivity, and ea was the one who bid the most... blame ea sure, but the league is more at fault...

View Post

Agreed. But are you sure it was a bid, and that sega even tried to bid on it? Or did EA just pay what the league wanted?

I just cannot believe that EA would spend that much money to buy out the sport franchises, instead of putting the money toward making better games. Now without having any competition in the given sports fields, EA sports games will be mediocre at best.

Edited by Foe-hammer, 11 April 2005 - 09:19 PM.

#9 Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Apr 11 2005, 08:12 PM)

View Post

yeah the league will love it when the initial license expires and EA is the only company willing to renew because the startup cost to begin a NFL game is expensive. Scanning player faces and designing a game from scratch wouldn't be worth it right off. EA can offer $10 for NFL eclusive rights in a few years.

EA has always relied on licenses to sell their shit. Rouge Agent blew ass, but i'm sure people only bought it because it had a loose 007 license thrown on...and that game was actually developed by EA.

Edited by Johnny Vodka, 11 April 2005 - 09:20 PM.

#10 I Want More CowBell

I Want More CowBell

The only Prescription is....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Get out! This part is just for the men!!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:02 PM

well i for one like madden blink.gif biggrin.gif

#11 FoeHammer05

FoeHammer05

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:05 PM

Im sick of EA, they are just mad that ESPN 2k5 was better than madden and went for 20.00.

#12 Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Apr 11 2005, 09:08 PM)
well i for one like madden  blink.gif  biggrin.gif

View Post

thats fine. It's called personal preferences. I dont like madden and resent the fact the market is only limited to a product I hate. That's fine, I just won't buy it.

#13 blinksoad07

blinksoad07

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:football, basketball, xbox, pc's, music and politics

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:18 AM

yea, now EA has no reason to improve their sports genre. and i will miss sega/espn's football games, they were fun and cheap

#14 ODUXBOXER

ODUXBOXER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:46 PM

Or it's the opposite, without upgrade it becomes a monopoly.

They now have MORE pressure than ever to continue to upgrade and push.

I for one respect EA for doing this. Sega couldn't afford to keep up. They hoped dropping the price would help, but it didnt.

#15 Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(ODUXBOXER @ Apr 12 2005, 04:52 PM)
Or it's the opposite, without upgrade it becomes a monopoly.

They now have MORE pressure than ever to continue to upgrade and push.

I for one respect EA for doing this. Sega couldn't afford to keep up. They hoped dropping the price would help, but it didnt.

View Post

uh..sega didnt drop the price. Sega got out because they got bought out by a BS merger and are a shell of their past self now. Take Two publishes the nfl2k games now, and they bought many of MS's old sport game studios if I remember correctly. Take Two has cash, and still sold games at $20, so EA could do it easily too. But now EA can charge $70 for madden, charge for internet play or roster updates...and no one can do shit about it..and I laugh.

Games dont need to be $55, as Take Two has shown. They released a title that could sell at regular price for $20. EA is just better at marketing.

Edited by Johnny Vodka, 12 April 2005 - 06:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users