sra1019023

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:39 PM

i dont have a dvd drive in my computer, and my friend does, he extracted the game onto his computer and sent it to me, im going to go buy a dvd burner tommorrow. the game came in three parts, how do i put them together in one dvd to make the backup???

#2 nicmel

nicmel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

you dont. what you're suggesting is piracy and helping you do this will only serve to give the authorities a reason to close down the community. If you want to run a backup buy the game, and follow the tutorials. If you still have problems backing up a legal owned copy, then come ask us for help.

#3 sra1019023

sra1019023

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:57 PM

no you misunderstood. i do OWN the game, and i want to make a backup...i do not have a dvd drive right now. so i used my friends computer to extract the game onto his computer to send to mine, because i am going to be purchasing a dvd burner tommorrow.

#4 TDCatcher

TDCatcher

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(sra1019023 @ Apr 11 2005, 12:03 PM)
no you misunderstood. i do OWN the game, and i want to make a backup...i do not have a dvd drive right now. so i used my friends computer to extract the game onto his computer to send to mine, because i am going to be purchasing a dvd burner tommorrow.

View Post

You need to make an ISO. There are a lot of methods out there. I use Craxtion.
Then I use DVD Decrypter to burn the image. There are lots of ISO creators out there and lots of burner software. Your drive will probably come with Nero, you can use that to burn the ISO. But you need to create the ISO first.

#5 sra1019023

sra1019023

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

and to do that, i just take the 3 files and select them to make them to an iso??

#6 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:41 PM

What file extensions do they come in as? Also don't you have a main folder in which all 3 files are put in?

#7 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(sra1019023 @ Apr 11 2005, 09:45 AM)
i dont have a dvd drive in my computer, and my friend does, he extracted the game onto his computer and sent it to me, im going to go buy a dvd burner tommorrow. the game  came in three parts, how do i put them together in one dvd to make the backup???

View Post

Since a pc dvd drive wont read an original disc, one might wonder how he got that to work.....

#8 TDCatcher

TDCatcher

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(sra1019023 @ Apr 11 2005, 12:53 PM)
and to do that, i just take the 3 files and select them to make them to an iso??

View Post

Put the files in a folder. If you use craxtion, select create ISO, it will ask you where you are getting the data, point to the folder and then click ok. It will ask you where to save the ISO, make sure that you do not save the ISO in the folder you created for the files. Save it somewhere else. It will then create the ISO for you.

#9 nicmel

nicmel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(nicmel @ Apr 11 2005, 06:00 PM)
you dont. what you're suggesting is piracy and helping you do this will only serve to give the authorities a reason to close down the community. If you want to run a backup buy the game, and follow the tutorials. If you still have problems backing up a legal owned copy, then come ask us for help.

View Post

I have to apologise then, I didnt mean to be bitchy about it.

Perhaps the easiest way to do this is for you to ignore the file on the computer, and just redo the whole process at your house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users