• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ibenz

Ibenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:43 PM

I have a modded 1.4 Xbox. But the only hard Drive i have is out of my old V1.0 Xbox. I have an Executer 3CE Mod Chip and the EX3 Bios. When I put in my V1.0 HDD it gives me Error Message 6 (Unable to unlock Hard Drive). The ass i bought the motherboard and PSU from ebay never shipped me the HDD for the motherboard. But is there anyway for me to use this HDD in my New setup Xbox? I have read xbox-scene and all the stuff I found talked about Evox and getting the password off of that, but I can't put Evox on the locked harddrive. Thanks for the help

#2 Ibenz

Ibenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:58 PM

sorry for the double post.

#3 MrOnline

MrOnline

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE(Ibenz @ Apr 11 2005, 09:49 PM)
I have a modded 1.4 Xbox.  But the only hard Drive i have is out of my old V1.0 Xbox.  I have an Executer 3CE Mod Chip and the EX3 Bios.  When I put in my V1.0 HDD it gives me Error Message 6 (Unable to unlock Hard Drive).  The ass i bought the motherboard and PSU from ebay never shipped me the HDD for the motherboard.  But  is there anyway for me to use this HDD in my New setup Xbox?  I have read xbox-scene and all the stuff I found talked about Evox and getting the password off of that, but I can't put Evox on the locked harddrive.  Thanks for the help

View Post

but cant you unlock the HD in your old xbox ???
if not you can desolder the eeprom on both and swap :-P

not that hard.. tut's around.... just do a search

#4 Code-Runner

Code-Runner

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:38 AM

As MrOnline put it, the only way you can unlock the hard drive without spending a fortune is to have the information off the eeprom of the original motherboard. What happen to the motherboard anyway that you need to get a new one?

PS I have a post in this section explaining about the locked hdd if you want more information.

#5 hank3rd

hank3rd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:00 AM

I used a program called live info when I hooked the old drive up to the pc. It allows you to find the code and clear it.

Funny thing though, it was a 120 Gb drive and when I hooked it back up to the Xbox to upgrade, it touched the metal on the dvd drive....let's just say now it is no good! lol.

Check this link out, it may help. Good luck.

Link

#6 Code-Runner

Code-Runner

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE(hank3rd @ Apr 12 2005, 01:06 AM)
I used a program called live info when I hooked the old drive up to the pc. It allows you to find the code and clear it.

Funny thing though, it was a 120 Gb drive and when I hooked it back up to the Xbox to upgrade, it touched the metal on the dvd drive....let's just say now it is no good! lol.

Check this link out, it may help. Good luck.

Link

View Post

Are you sure about it finding your code or are you just redirecting it to the backed up code from the eeprom?

QUOTE("Joe")
Now all you have to do is shutdown the pc and boot it with the NEW blank HD hooked up and then RUN the program LIVEINFO. load the EEPROM from your xbox you just saved earlier and select the new drive from ther dropdown box. WRITE DOWN the password/key it generates at the bottom.

Is this not the way you are to use LIVEINFO? It is the only way I have got it to work.

Here check out my link here and if you know of a way to bypass a locked hdd without the original eeprom please, please let me know for I only know of two ways and both are priced so far out of my range it is not worth it.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=382758

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users