• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 chadilicious

chadilicious

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:44 AM

i think it sucks that elijah wood is sposed to host the show on mtv for the new xbox
it should be somebody cool hosting the show like joe rogan
or the wu-tang clan
but not elijah wood
i heard that a bunch of the actor guys from those lord of the rings movies all got some small tattoo somewhere, some 'secret' actors thing and like elijah told everyone the whole story like days afterwords or something on letterman
i think it was letterman, at least
xbox 2 is gunna be cool though
i wouldnt get the elijah wood edition though, whatever hes got, im not getting
hobbits are beat too

my xbox just died too we we went to my buddys place to play it on a 60 inch screen but the power supply gave up, it never turned on :( im gunna get a new one with s.p.ice
bmu!

#2 wannachunkems

wannachunkems

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

uhh okay?!?!

date? time? useful info to share?

#3 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:19 PM

If Wu-Tang was hosting i'd actually watch it.

#4 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:38 PM

i could careless whos hosting it, im watching it.

#5 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:41 PM

Bah, I think they should unveil it on tech tv.

#6 djmattyb

djmattyb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:51 PM

I think they should unveil it on network TV: ABC, NBC, or CBS. Think of those poor people who don't have cable who are saving up for the new Xbox every day!

#7 Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(djmattyb @ Apr 12 2005, 12:57 PM)
I think they should unveil it on network TV: ABC, NBC, or CBS. Think of those poor people who don't have cable who are saving up for the new Xbox every day!

View Post

Sting and other celebrities told you to get MTV years ago fool. That was like in the 80's. Should have listened to them...

Edited by Johnny Vodka, 12 April 2005 - 03:45 PM.

#8 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Johnny Vodka @ Apr 12 2005, 07:50 AM)
Sting and other celebrities told you to get MTV years ago fool. That was like in the 80's. Should have listened to them...

View Post

lol

glad Im not the only one who feels old around here.

#9 whet1134

whet1134

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:20 PM

What other choices are there really for a global broadcast? They couldn't do HBO or a premium channel because not nearly that many people would get it. They couldn't do basic UHF/VHF broadcast because that's not gonna reach Asia. So it'd have to be something that is broadcast worldwide and available to the masses...

MTV and CNN. Comedy Central? Yeah... that woulda ruled. Jon Stewart reveals it on the Daily Show. I'd drop nuggets if that happened.

#10 stanneh

stanneh

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

I think they shoulda got jack black to do it.

user posted image

#11 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

I dont think MS wants some cap busting, car jacking, drug dealing ghetto pimps hosting their family oriented event. It's not the Grand Theft 360 unveiling.

Elijah Wood is perfect for it, a likeable person who is young enough to be believable and might actually know what hes talking about and not embarass himself.

#12 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(Joergen @ Apr 12 2005, 07:48 PM)
I dont think MS wants some cap busting, car jacking, drug dealing ghetto pimps hosting their family oriented event. It's not the Grand Theft 360 unveiling.

Elijah Wood is perfect for it, a likeable person who is young enough to be believable and might actually know what hes talking about and not embarass himself.

View Post

So they decided to use the gay hobit. blink.gif

#13 -PanZer-

-PanZer-

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

For those who need proof:

USA Today

Plus who cares that its Elijah Wood? I dunno about you but Ill be paying attention to the Xbox and not him....

Edited by -PanZer-, 12 April 2005 - 09:52 PM.

#14 chadilicious

chadilicious

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(whet1134 @ Apr 12 2005, 09:26 AM)
What other choices are there really for a global broadcast?  They couldn't do HBO or a premium channel because not nearly that many people would get it.  They couldn't do basic UHF/VHF broadcast because that's not gonna reach Asia.  So it'd have to be something that is broadcast worldwide and available to the masses...

MTV and CNN.  Comedy Central?  Yeah... that woulda ruled.  Jon Stewart reveals it on the Daily Show.  I'd drop nuggets if that happened.

View Post

i think spike tv would be a great channel to get the news out on, its not a bunch of hillary-duff-watching girls waiting for the newest song to come on and happen across some the most feminine guy ever telling you how 'hot' the new xbox is
or a jerry springer xbox 2 special, id watch that

what would really be cool is if theres some huge hangar they take over and invite like 1000 people and set up some rad massive multiplayer game like unreal where its just pwnage for hours

#15 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:49 AM

Spiketv?

The only global American networks are CNN, MTV and the Discovery Channel, and even those are only available via cable and satellite.

Runners up would be BBC World (perhaps the most global of them all) and National Geographic, a relative newcomer in europe compared to discovery.
And thats it. All the rest are either local, too excluded or in the never-heard category. Sure you get HBO, NBC, Fox etc shows and stuff globally but not the network itself. And as for comedy central, the global edition of the daily show is shown like once a week on CNN Europe

Last time, during the Xbox1 launch, MS rented their OWN satellite channel that broadcasted throughout europe. There was just an infinite loop of game trailers and the flying baby commercial there but they tried it, and it wasnt too hot.

This time they will use a channel that is actually tuned into most people's channel list and will make sure they know when to tune in. MTV has lost some of its fire in the past years, only Jackass was hot for a while. Infact the Xbox unveiling will be the first time I'll actually want to tune in for months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users