Photo

Uk Xbox-tv Not Support 60hz?ntsc Games Work Still?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Midnight Tboy

Midnight Tboy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:41 AM

Hey all,

I'm thinking of modding my mates xbox for him,

the trouble is I know his TV does not support 60hz from the old days of psx etc....if would work but in black and white only.

Now if I do the softmod, when it comes to playing NTSC games, would they be forcing themselves to run at 60hz standard, or because the dash is set to pal will it auto convert the signal to 50hz for me.

I hope this is the case,

many thanks,
Tuck

#2 Staple

Staple

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:42 AM

in my experience playing the games in reverse some games will run fine others will be black and white or scroll.....

#3 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

Gget a Xbox advanced AV pack.

Why well the standard cable for the XBox is not an RGB cable where as the advanced one is. This will allow your to get the game in colour not black and white.

If the TV could not do 60Hz you would know right way as the picture would be cout of sync and completly screwed up.

NTSC uses a different colour signal to PAL which is why you have your problems but trust me on this I have used NTSC equipment including Xboxes that would display a black and white picture without a true RGB cable.

#4 Midnight Tboy

Midnight Tboy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:54 AM

when you say "in reverse" you mean you're playing Pal games on an NTSC box yeah? am guessing thats maybe because some games support Pal60 mode that some may be fine if the xbox wont upsample them to 60hz forcefully, I wonder if its the same the other way round

#5 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:06 PM

Ive nvr had probs with this, all you need is a TV that supports NTSC and PAL, the xbox will auto detect the screen and if not, just change the options in ur M$dash.

#6 Staple

Staple

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:36 PM

i relaly hav eno need for pal on my xbox but alot of people do this i dont know why.

#7 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

blink.gif did it ever occur to you we don't all have George W. as president? (ohwk so maybe that we do... but u get the point)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users