X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • Interests:xbox stuff, guitar stuff, pc stuff, and hacking stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:55 AM

after wasting money with that bullshit stunt that sony pulled making that sonicstage shit i decided i need to get something better

i was thinking about getting a 4 gig ipod for $200

i need to know if ipods are even good for listening to music
or if there even good for anything

but its the only thing i could find that you can actaully listen to more than 500 songs on one device, mp3 players can't have this many songs

and would it be good to get a used one, are those things reliable enough to be second hand items

#2 amicold

amicold

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:01 AM

Personally, although it it isn't as flashy but it holds more, is less limiting, and around the same price....get the Nomad Touch.

Edited by amicold, 14 April 2005 - 04:04 AM.

#3 HydroBob

HydroBob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:06 AM

iPod Mini's are cool, not overly expensive. I have one and I say it's worth it 100%.

#4 Arjun

Arjun

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:10 AM

Comming from an owner of two iPods, get one!

#5 lebriznon

lebriznon

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:53 AM

forget ipod minis. The price isnt so bad now, but i still suggest a Zen Micro over the ipod mini. comparable price, more features, more accessories, more storage, better sound quality, better earbuds, looks better.

or if you want more storage but short on the $$, then ya, the zen Touch is good. looks kinda ugly and its big, but being a Creative player, the sound quality is still superior to everything else.

#6 ichigo

ichigo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:30 AM

ive got an md and i love it wub.gif
with a hi-md i can fit nearly 5 gig of music a disc, and the discs are pretty cheap

#7 powercntrl

powercntrl

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding/repair, gaming, PhotoShop, Sonic Foundry Acid, iTunes, WinXP, Linux, Car Audio, fishing

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(ichigo @ Apr 14 2005, 12:36 AM)
ive got an md and i love it wub.gif
with a hi-md i can fit nearly 5 gig of music a disc, and the discs are pretty cheap

View Post

Do those things still transcode all your crap into ATRAC? I bet it does and you can't hear the difference cause the Sony headphones are so shitty. tongue.gif

If you get a full-size iPod, you can always take it apart and upgrade it to a higher capacity hard drive later on. You'll get sick of shuffling your collection if you've got more than just a few gigs, trust me.

If you want a player that's small and doubles as a flash drive, look no further than the Creative Muvo2 (they also sell a variant with a built-in FM tuner). Yeah, it's not as pretty as the micro nomad thing, but it doesn't require Creative's proprietary software to load music onto it. It shows up as a standard USB mass storage device and you just drag and drop MP3s and WMAs onto it. You can bring it over to a friend's house, plug it in, and umm... Use your imagination. wink.gif

You can pick up 4gb Muvo2s on eBay pretty cheap. I recently upgraded mine with the newly-released 6gb microdrive that a friend hooked me up with. cool.gif

#8 amicold

amicold

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(lebriznon @ Apr 13 2005, 11:59 PM)
forget ipod minis.  The price isnt so bad now, but i still suggest a Zen Micro over the ipod mini.  comparable price, more features, more accessories, more storage, better sound quality, better earbuds, looks better.

or if you want more storage but short on the $$, then ya, the zen Touch is good.  looks kinda ugly and its big, but being a Creative player, the sound quality is still superior to everything else.

View Post

It's not large, comparable to my friends Ipod.

#9 dewmonger

dewmonger

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

It depends on when you plan on using it. If you will be using it during non-active times (i.e. at home or work) get a hard drive based player such as Ipod. If you plan on using it while running or exercising, get a flash drive based player. You don't want to have too much movement on a hard drive. The hard drive players give you more storage value per dollar cost though. Ipod has the best interface device of any player.

I have a Sandisk flash type 1Gb player and I like it a lot. It's smaller than the hard drive players and has FM tuner and voice recorder built in as well as the capability to store computer files.

I would recommend picking the type you want first (hd or flash) and doing a price search for some models using pricegrabber.com. If you want an Ipod, that's fine. Just don't think they are the only player in town just because they are the most famous brand name and most people have that brand. Get whatever is best for your taste and needs.

#10 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • Interests:xbox stuff, guitar stuff, pc stuff, and hacking stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:19 PM

thanks guys, i'm going to look more into this stuff from creative

i basically need at least a 4gig and i plan on listening to it on the bus to and from school

#11 reZz

reZz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 01:57 AM

Since you're considering getting an iPod...I say you should get the 30gb photo since they're so cheap now. Only $430 CDN...that's only $50 more than the 20gb iPod.

So basically for $50 CDN more than the regular 20gn iPod you get: Colour screen, 10 more gigabytes of storage,photo viewing capabilities, video viewing capabilites (if you hack).

#12 HydroBob

HydroBob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(lebriznon @ Apr 14 2005, 05:59 AM)
forget ipod minis.  The price isnt so bad now, but i still suggest a Zen Micro over the ipod mini.  comparable price, more features, more accessories, more storage, better sound quality, better earbuds, looks better. .

View Post

The sound quality is the same, it depends on what you're using to actually listen.

#13 reZz

reZz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:47 AM

The Creative Zen Micro does NOT look better than the iPod Mini! It doesn't look better than ANY iPod, or mp3 player for that matter.

#14 TSOPrano

TSOPrano

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:07 AM

I did a bit of research before purchasing my Creative Zen Xtra. I wanted an MP3 player but didn't want to pay a shitload of money, especially for the fucking name, ie. iPod.

Sure the iPod is flashy and is, well, called an iPod, but is it really worth the money? Here in Canada, at the time of my purchasing, a 20GB iPod was nearly $450... I ended up finding a place that sold my Zen for $299 and its 30GB.

It does look like a tape player (not QUITE as big tongue.gif) but the sound is amazing and it was much cheaper.

#15 jaydon34

jaydon34

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:11 AM

Is air worth breathing ? Do yourself a favor get an ipod. Itunes + Ipod = Harmony. I dont even own one but I borrowed a friends for a day and fell in love. Its just so dam cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users