#1 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:08 AM

Hi everyone, first time i have run into this problem with my xbox. I just installed a chip and soldered to the d0 gave the wire a little tug and the d0 trace ripped out, i have also screwed the little hole that i should solder to to repai the trace.

any help on an alternative d0 point i can solder to such as the top one. or any help wopuld be appreciated, tips, tricks, how you fixed yours or others etc. just something that will help me.

here is a pic of how bad the trace is lifted sad.gif, pretty bad, btw i used photoshop to edit it but it gives you some idea of how bad it is.

user posted image

thanks guys.
PS: What's another forum on here which i should post this in, im thnking noobie chat, and/or a modchip forum.

thanks.

#2 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

No need to post it in other forums.
You can solder the top D0, but if this was your job to begin with I would highly reccomend sending it to a repair person.

Depending on where you're located there are several people here.
I'm in the US and my rates and some of my previous jobs are posted on my website.
(links in sig).
-nB

#3 JEB-101

JEB-101

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:56 PM

you could alwais try to do the ol' conductive ink method... Ive had that happen to a costumers xbox... and it worked... he rupped the trace and the point on top just like that... try that it worked fine for me.

beerchug.gif

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:23 PM

If you did that with the underside D0 I too would advise getting it fixed correctly by someone, as the top D0 is harder to solder to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users