• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 frosty69

frosty69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 05:37 PM

Has anyone successfully created an ISO of either of DOA3 volleyball or Lord of the Rings 2 Towers? If so what ISO creator worked? (Both of these games are 4+ gigs). Iíve attempted with 3 different ISO creators and none of them have worked while smaller games are no problem.

-Frosty69

#2 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 March 2003 - 05:42 PM

You have to use NTFS filesystem to create a file over 4GB.

#3 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 06:00 PM

If you're hellbent on clinging to your FAT32 file system, you can also make a UDF disc. You should probably know that UDF is going to cough up blood on LOTR:TT, though. The game is constantly back and forth between gameplay and unbuffered video, and you'll feel the UDF lag.

#4 PhDeez

PhDeez

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 March 2003 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (feflicker @ Mar 19 2003, 01:42 PM)
You have to use NTFS filesystem to create a file over 4GB.

What feflicker is trying to say is you can't use win95, win98 or winME. If you are using any of these OS's, you cannot make a file that is more than 4G. Anyway, you need to use 2k,XP or NT with NTFS partitions.

#5 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 08:25 PM

I'm aware of that. I was explaining what frosty69's options are. feflicker said he'd have to upgrade to NTFS to create the ISO. There may be some reason why he cannot upgrade to NTFS, so I figured I'd let him know he's not SOL as far as backing up the games goes.

#6 PhDeez

PhDeez

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 March 2003 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Xeero @ Mar 19 2003, 04:25 PM)
I'm aware of that. I was explaining what frosty69's options are. feflicker said he'd have to upgrade to NTFS to create the ISO. There may be some reason why he cannot upgrade to NTFS, so I figured I'd let him know he's not SOL as far as backing up the games goes.

Xeero, I just wanted to make sure frosty69 undertsood what feflicker was saying, not everyone is technical. And I wasn't poking at you, just trying to help clarify. True, he's not SOL, but UDF kinda sucks: as you mentioned in your post, slow load times and such.

#7 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 01:43 PM

Ah, okay. For whatever reason, I thought you were clarifying for me, not frosty69. tongue.gif

#8 CYCLOPSE

CYCLOPSE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (PhDeez @ Mar 20 2003, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (Xeero @ Mar 19 2003, 04:25 PM)
I'm aware of that.  I was explaining what frosty69's options are.  feflicker said he'd have to upgrade to NTFS to create the ISO.  There may be some reason why he cannot upgrade to NTFS, so I figured I'd let him know he's not SOL as far as backing up the games goes.

Xeero, I just wanted to make sure frosty69 undertsood what feflicker was saying, not everyone is technical. And I wasn't poking at you, just trying to help clarify. True, he's not SOL, but UDF kinda sucks: as you mentioned in your post, slow load times and such.

i dont no y u are so harsh on udf i burned all my games in udf.........atleast i no they work everytime....and besides there is only slow loading in the beginning(sega games) but i still burn udf because it takes oput 1 extra phase and it works 100%

#9 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:47 PM

It is a fact that UDF suffers from slow loading times, and it isn't just during the initial boot process. It is more noticeable then, yes, than at other times at the game.

Now have you actually tried playing LOTR:TT when burned in UDF. My GDF backup barely manages to keep its chin above water. I can't imagine how UDF must fare

Edited by Xeero, 20 March 2003 - 08:47 PM.

#10 frosty69

frosty69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 04:44 PM

NTFS is the answer!!! Thanks for the help.

-frost69

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users