12 replies to this topic

#1 tex mex matt

tex mex matt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:44 AM

Where can I find the a good 120 gig hard drive thats not that expensive that can be lockable? Also Since im going to be modding a xbox that has been on xbox live before, whenever i transfer information from the first harddrive, do I want to leave off the xbox live info, or delete it first? Also do I need a keyboard adapter for the xbox? where can i get one

#2 Aqua Kid

Aqua Kid

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:waterpolo
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:46 AM

I like the Seagate hdd, most 120 hdd are cheap, like sixty dollars.

#3 munkle

munkle

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:40 AM

seagates are the best and have the best warrenty, they are a little more but they are worth it. If you want to get on xbox live you will need a new eeprom because your old one is locked to your other hard drive. You dont need a keyboard adapter, if you want one just buy that smartjoy frag thing

#4 JohnnyTsunamiq

JohnnyTsunamiq

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Bombarding people with endless questions.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:42 AM

This site has some good deals from time to time: Hard Drives

#5 hybridflux

hybridflux

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:40 AM

Always a good bet? Good HDD Site it's always paid off for me. Just got 3 seagate oem's for 54 a piece w/ bulk shipping. great site

#6 tex mex matt

tex mex matt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(munkle @ Apr 14 2005, 11:46 PM)
seagates are the best and have the best warrenty, they are a little more but they are worth it. If you want to get on xbox live you will need a new eeprom because your old one is locked to your other hard drive. You dont need a keyboard adapter, if you want one just buy that smartjoy frag thing

View Post

K thanks, but how would i get a new eeprom? and what is a eeprom? I can copy my xbox live account to a memory card if that counts for anything

Edited by tex mex matt, 15 April 2005 - 09:47 PM.

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:54 PM

The drive and eeprom are a pair so if you have been on live your matched pair details will be logged. Log on with a different HDD to the matched one and XBL will ban your account.
Obtain an eeprom file that has not been on live from the BST. You will have to flash the eeprom file to your box then lock your new HDD with the new eeprom file already flashed so you then have a pair that has not been on live before

#8 tex mex matt

tex mex matt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Apr 15 2005, 03:00 PM)
The drive and eeprom are a pair so if you have been on live your matched pair details will be logged. Log on with a different HDD to the matched one and XBL will ban your account.
Obtain an eeprom file that has not been on live from the BST. You will have to flash the eeprom file to your box then lock your new HDD with the new eeprom file already flashed so you then have a pair that has not been on live before

View Post

What is the BST? also is western digital a good hard drive source? Check This out, is that a good hard drive?

or this

Edited by tex mex matt, 15 April 2005 - 10:07 PM.

#9 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:19 PM

Buy sell Trade
http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=12

#10 MaxWellPower

MaxWellPower

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:45 PM

FOr a good Hard Drive, Get a Samsung. The best 160gb HD is so quiet its insane. You cant even hear it turn on or off, only if you hold it you know its on.
Samsung has a good warrenty for a good price.

Max

#11 tex mex matt

tex mex matt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:33 AM

thanks, but how do I do the eeprom thing? where do I get a new one and how will I go about installing it and matching it with my gamertag

#12 dom0012

dom0012

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:13 AM

Maxtor- had for 3-4 years now and still going strong muhaha.gif

#13 skel924

skel924

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:39 AM

I am a hard drive reseller and I can provide BRAND NEW (still sealed) "White label" hard drives with a 1 year warranty for below retail prices.

Sizes between 20GB and 250GB. Most drives come in 5400rpm or 7200rpm. Most come with 8MB buffer. ALL HAVE THE EXACT SAME PERFORMANCE AND RELIBILTY AS BRAND NAME DRIVES (comparing Seek Time and Manufactures Expected Failure Rate of brand name drives and these drives.)

The manufactuer (Magnetic Data Technologies) outsources parts directly from brand name manufactures such as Seagate, WD, and Maxtor. Then they assemble these parts in their own facilities and slap on their label, passing on the 25-35% savings to consumers.

If you are interested in one or more of these drives, I gladly accept Paypal. Please PM me with the size drive(s) you are interested in and I will respond with a price quote including UPS shipping, insurance, and tracking. [PROMISE: The quote will be less than prices for similiar brand name drives.] Sorry but I can only offer these drives to US consumers. Shipping to Hawaii or Alaska will be extra. Upgraded (Faster) shipping is also available upon request. NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING, period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users