v0llrath

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:09 PM

I went through a bunch of searches.. like eight pages from up to a year ago and haven't found exactly what i'm looking for.. i'm sure it's out there, but i'm too lazy to look so thoroughly..

so i appeal to those of you in the "know":

i'm using a macintosh computer and would like to burn some .avi files to a dvd-r and play them using xbmc. i saw one tutorial on how to do this where a number of options were required in roxio Toast and followed it to a "t"..

the strange part is that XBMC _will_ recognize the title of the disc, but it won't show me any playable avi files.. my burner (lacie dual layer burner) has no problems reading this disc and playing any files off it.. help?? i wanna see these files on my TV, not my puny laptop screen..

thanks for your help in advance...

v0llrath

#2 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:43 PM

Well you need to have the .AVI or other media descriptor at the end of the file, as XBMC works with PC logic where a file must have a descriptor.

If its just "myvideo" instead of "myvideo.avi" then theres no way XBMC can go around guessing what each file is without attempting to read the header of the file.. which is much slower than just having a descriptor.

#3 v0llrath

v0llrath

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:37 AM

Yes, good point about the descriptor but I do have it pinned to the end of the file.. all the files are properly named.. is it not weird that XBMC will recognize the disc but not show any files? should dashboard recognize the disc or is that not important?

after all this, i can't even find the stupid tutorial anymore.. the one that said what formats and stuff to check on Toast..

any other mac users out there who can give me another quick turotial or point me to a link?

best,
v0llrath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users