2 replies to this topic

#1 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

Hi - I just installed a 120GB hard drive and an aladdin advance xt chip in a V1.0 xbox. I formatted the hard drive with slayers, as I'm lazy and it does a decent job. So it works just fine with the chip enabled - boots into evox and everything. Works fine when you have a game in the dvd-rom and the chip isn't enabled - but if you don't have a game in it, and the chip isn't turned on - it locks up at a green screen, where you can see a slight grid pattern in the background (I can't remember what this screen is for)

Any ideas what is wrong? I've heard something about the time not getting set properly - or something like that... Can't quite remember though...

Thanks for your help!

#2 MaxWellPower

MaxWellPower

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:48 PM

basically its an error with the way slayers installs M$ dash on some hard drives. To fix that issue simply reinstall M$ dash via FTP. I get this error all the time when I use slayers.

Hope that help

Max

#3 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(MaxWellPower @ Apr 15 2005, 04:54 PM)
basically its an error with the way slayers installs M$ dash on some hard drives. To fix that issue simply reinstall M$ dash via FTP.  I get this error all the time when I use slayers.

Hope that help

Max

View Post

hmm that's quite odd - I've used slayers on maybe 20 xboxes or so and never run into this issue before... What version of MS dash should I install?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users