4 replies to this topic

#1 rykin

rykin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

I recieved a motherboard with a bad TSOP. Apparently, the board works with an LCP modchip, but the only one I have around to spare is my old X2.3b Lite. But, this motherboard also has a pinheader. I can install the chip, but not make a good connection to the d0 and ground. I was reading a tutorial, and it mentioned that the D0, when grounded, is what forces the Xbox to boot from the LCP.

So, could I just solder the D0 to the Ground with a wire, not solder anything else, plug the chip into the pinheader, and be good to go? smile.gif

Also, if I did this.. could I have the modchip on without needing to ever use the external switches? (Unless I wanted to flash or switch banks)

#2 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

Yes and yes.

#3 youlose

youlose

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

you need to bend one of the pins on the lpc, go look at the x3/2.6 install guide and scroll to the pin head part and bend or pull that pin out because that is a 5v power source lolz

#4 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:17 PM

Um no, thats only a 1.6.

#5 rykin

rykin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE(youlose @ Apr 15 2005, 08:02 PM)
you need to bend one of the pins on the lpc, go look at the x3/2.6 install guide and scroll to the pin head part and bend or pull that pin out because that is a 5v power source lolz

View Post

Yeah, before making this post, I did that and the pin touched my chip and burnt one of the traces on the chip, eheh! However, it was nothing major and I was very easily able to repair it.

I did it and all works fine. :> Thank you, all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users