team_toyo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:42 PM

Okay I am having trouble with UnleashX and Connecting my box the the net.

Here is the problem. I have a crossover cable, and I bridged my Xbox to PC connection to my DSL Connection, otherwise I can't get my Xbox online. Or if I don't bridge the connections, I can only FTP from Xbox to PC.

I have tried every thread here, or almost every thread before posting, so I am sorry in advanced for asking such a repeat question.

My Xbox IP is 192.168.0.2. this is how I connect into my Xbox via FTP from PC thru Smart FTP.

I use a Static connection under UnleashX in the network settings, and the IP is the same as above 192.168.0.1, the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and my Gateway is 192.168.0.1 DNS 1 & 2 I have no idea as what to do with, so I leave it alone. Then Under HTTP Connections I enable Proxy. My proxy I asume is 192.168.0.1 and the port is 1080. No Connection. It says its connecting when I try to retrieve skins from www.allxboxskins.com or www.xbox-skins.net, but then the connection times out with the error message unable to retrieve HTTP Connection 10060.

So is there something I am doing wrong, am I putting in the wrong IP. Is it my Bridge, or maybe I need to do something with the DNS, or maybe my actual DSL IP?

Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

#2 crustyteacup

crustyteacup

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:22 AM

can i ask why you have a proxy setting on?

so, you have a pc, you have an xbox, and you have a modem?

and you have your xbox connected to your pc through a network card, and your pc connected to your dsl connection through another network card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users