Flash X3 W/ X2.6 Programmer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 n_the_nd

n_the_nd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Computers, xbox, hacking(duh!), and just about anything electronic.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:30 AM

is it possible to flash an x3 w/ the x2.6 programmer and the xecuter 2 bios manager? it says u can in the readme of the bios manager. how would you go about doing that cuz my chip is dead so i need to hotswap or do this so any help is appreciated

thanx

#2 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:36 AM

well in most cases if the chips initial 2MB is wiped out... you can just press "EJECT+POWER" to turn on the xbox which will boot it into the 256k backup bios mode which will load up "flashbios v3.0.1" ... which works on ALL xbox's besides the newest 1.6b xbox's.... but once this loads just reflash the modchip and all should be fine.

here is a basic pic on what im talking about with the power+eject buttons...

http://www.teamxecut...e_functions.jpg

good luck wink.gif

p.s. about flashing the Xecuter 3 modchip with Xecuter 2.6 programmer... i cant really answer your question there since the Xecuter 3 modchip was made to never need a programmer... although this idea is slightly flawed since all the newest Xecuter 3 CE modchips ship with FlashBIOS v3.0.1 on the modchips BACKUP 256KB bios... which like i said above, only works on 1.6 or earlier xbox's ( not 1.6b )... so if u mess up the entire 2MB of the main memory theres no way to revive the modchip back to working order if you have a v1.6b xbox.... cause for a 1.6b xbox u need to use "FlashBIOS v3.0.3" in order to flash the chip initially on a 1.6b xbox... which with the stock chip (the way it was shipped to u) comes with flashbios v3.0.1 on the first half (1MB) of the modchip and flashbios v3.0.3 on the second half (1MB)... so if u had a 1.6b xbox as long as u dont erase the second half of the modchips bios's (which has flashbios 3.0.3 on it) then u will be perfectly fine.

Edited by ThaCrip, 17 April 2005 - 10:42 AM.

#3 roko71

roko71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

I have the same problem ( X3) on a 1.4 xbox
Flashed newest bios on 1-2-3-4 and older one to 5-6-7-8 after reboot(that was stupid, i know) it fragged and cannot boot backup either. MS dash works perfect
So after reading a lot of threads i believe my chip is FUBAR sad.gif

If there is some way to rivive this chip i would also like to know, i don't know
anybody with a X3 to do a hotswap.

Edited by roko71, 17 April 2005 - 11:07 AM.

#4 n_the_nd

n_the_nd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:25 AM

well my xbox is a 1.0 and i think i hav messed up the 2mb bank (nothing boots). I flashed the banks via the disc method and it froze twice! somehow though, the backup bios is messed to because when i press both power and eject, the box frags three times then keeps running, and the purple backup led on the xecuter logo is up. wtf? do i need a new chip or can i hotswap? anything.

#5 n_the_nd

n_the_nd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:14 PM

maybe a bad d0? it looks kindof burnt. i am using the xapt3r if that matters. any way to use an alternate d0?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users